At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems (NGMS) Sector is seeking a dynamic and energetic individual for the position of Associate Contract Administrator (Level 1) or Contract Administrator (Level 2) to join the Airborne Battle Management Systems Operating Unit supporting the AWACS & MESA programs. This position is located in Linthicum, MD and will consider a hybrid work arrangement.
Responsibilities include the following:
Proposal Preparation and Negotiation (Pre-Contract)
• Review and analyze customer Requests for Proposal/Quotes (RFPs/RFQs) to understand Statements of Work (SOW) and contract requirements and advise the program team on contractual terms and conditions and risk identification/mitigation strategies.
• Examine estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure company proposals are fully responsive to prospective customer requirements, prepare proposal submittal documents, and coordinate/complete appropriate levels of internal review and approval.
• Develop negotiation strategy through collaboration with internal stakeholders. Negotiate terms and conditions, cost/price, and fee.
• Manage proposal fact-finding and negotiations between customer and program team.
Contract Administration and Closeout
• Oversee contract performance including schedules and deliverables and complete actions to ensure satisfactory program performance.
• Work with program business management team to closely monitor contract funding and payments.
• Maintain and update contract and official program files and records.
• Draft and submit correspondence to customers.
• Research contract issues and prepare analysis and/or recommendations.
• Work cooperatively with the technical staff to address customer questions and requests.
• Administer, negotiate, terminate, and close-out standard contracts (e.g., FFP, T&M, CPFF) and nonstandard contracts (e.g., UCAs).
• Advise your program team of contractual rights and obligations on your assigned contracts, including interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
• Apply knowledge of FAR/DFARS and US Export Regulations on a daily basis.
• Ability to effectively interface with internal stakeholders and customer counterparts via email, telephone, and in-person.
This position can be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below.
• Contract Administrator (A02): Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with 3+ years of professional experience in contracts, subcontracts, business management, finance, accounting, or related fields - OR - Master's degree with 1+ year of experience as described.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with FAR/DFARS
• Have excellent verbal, written, presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail, organized, with proven time management and task prioritizing skills.
• Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance.
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Experience using SAP, CostPoint and/or Northrop Grumman Contracts systems and resources.
• Recent experience as a Contracts Administrator in the defense industry
• Experience reading and interpreting legal and contractual requirements
Salary Range: $55,400 USD - $83,000 USD
Salary Range 2: $67,000 USD - $100,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...