, qualified individuals within our Systems Engineering organization in San Diego, CA.
You will combine the attributes of a technology visionary, strategist, and a results-oriented technical project lead of specific strategic initiatives across the disciplines of data science, architecture, storage, analytics and dissemination. This role will need your collaborative leadership style, and the ability to drive technical maturation/evolution across a portfolio of programs, contracts, and Operating Units that will often have varied and/or conflicting needs. Your success will see you act as the Subject Matter Expert for all aspects of data acquisition, harmonization, processing, storage, analysis, and dissemination across varied data formats, technologies and distribution/network protocols.
- Technical leadership and Product Ownership for all phases of the product lifecycle, with specific, immediate needs including the development of offsite storage and extensible data dissemination solutions.
- Provide enterprise-level strategic direction and supports expansion of the mission set, focusing on the conversion of raw data into actionable information.
- Advise the leadership team on analytics value opportunities.
- Ensure the right solutions are being developed, with direct insight from, and collaboration with, end-user/customer counterparts.
- Directly lead the technical execution of their capabilities/products, including ownership of the requirements and design, and serves as the primary PoC for reach-back.
- Provide technical leadership over any/all suppliers/subcontractors.
- Support risk mitigation and opportunity generation.
- Decompose the Solution Backlog, and prioritizes Epics and User Stories. Is the approval authority for the completion of Features and Epics.
- Lead knowledge share/management activities for all disciplines of data acquisition-analysis-dissemination.
- Develop and lead the establishment of data standards.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Educational assistance is available to employees who want to continue to learn and develop skills/knowledge. Our educational assistance program supports employee development by providing resources such as:
- Free Education Advice: Call 855-222-2398 to speak with an experienced advisor to tailor an educational program to your career goals and needs.
- Tuition Savings at Accredited Schools: Access a network of accredited schools in a variety of locations (and online) to take advantage of reduced tuition costs and waived fees.
- Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in a STEM discipline AND 14 Years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering, OR a Master's Degree AND 12 years of related professional/military experience in Systems Engineering, OR a PhD with 9 years of related military/professional experience in Systems Engineering.
- Must have previous technical project lead experience
- Master's Degree, or other relevant, advanced, technical degree
- Demonstrated experience being a technical project lead and Product Ownership accountable to the outcome of the solutions developed
- Demonstrated understanding of data acquisition, storage, processing and analysis technologies, including big data challenges and solutions
- General understanding of network protocols and data dissemination strategies
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of developments at the intersection of data science and technology
- Experience engaging cross-functional teams to build a strong data infrastructure
- Excellent communication and presentation development skills
- Self-directed leader
- Skilled at defining, motivating and driving change across multiple contracts/business areas with a dual focus on supporting the end-user mission and ensuring business value
- Advanced technical knowledge of data science and data architecture
- Proven understanding of statistics, structured and unstructured data analysis, predictive modeling techniques and data visualization as well as a good command of emerging methodologies like Artificial Intelligence
- Recognized experience as a thought leader and innovator in the development of new tools, methodologies and problem-solving approaches
Salary Range: $161,000 - $241,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.