At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what's possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector (NGDS) is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst - Technical Support Technician (TST) to join our growing team of diverse professionals supporting our III Corps Mission Command Training (MTC) program at Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma. The TST facilitates collective training in a simulated environment using Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC), and other simulations, commercial off the shelf (COT) software, and any other additional system identified by the MCT as supportable simulations.
- Will function as the lead to conduct planning sessions with MTC and external customers to develop network support diagrams and supporting documentation that support the training objectives of the unit
- Mentor training unit leadership and assists in the conduct of after-action reviews
- To enhance training scenarios personnel, integrate other systems to include Tactical Operations Center Inter-Communications System (TOCNET), MCIS, Field Manuals (FM) and Advanced Simulation Technology Incorporated (ASTI) radio systems and instruct users on their proper operations
- Develop network architectures for Army Mission Command Exercises and coordinate requirements with the units
- Create and install Local Area Network (LAN) cables, configuring Ethernet switches and routers, and physical moving & arranging of equipment
- Monitor network performance to ensure maximum optimization, troubleshoot and identify network issues
- Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all Mission Command Information Systems (MCIS) platforms including email, file transfer, multimedia, and teleconferencing
- Responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the Cisco Call Manager and Cisco IP Phone Network
- Analyze voice, data, and multi-media communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media, and other devices
- Perform network administration duties and provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- Coordinate requirements with the JLCCTC-LE Federation users and senior system administrators.
- Administer network security and work with vendors to evaluate new products and resolve equipment design problems
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network engineers and other technical staff
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and participate in special projects
- Secondary duties will involve being familiar with Risk Management Framework policies and procedures, including scanning, remediation, patching, installing Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) on Network devices, Network management servers, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) servers and any management laptops
- Provides cross training for other technicians and perform other duties assigned by the site manager
- One of the following:
- High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 6 years of Computer Science (CS), Information Technology (IT), Cybersecurity & Information Assurance (IA), or related technical experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in CS, IT, Cybersecurity & IA, or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of CS, IT, Cybersecurity & IA, or related technical experience
- Master of Science degree in CS, IT, Cybersecurity & IA, or related discipline
- Department of Defense Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (https://e.g. CompTIA Security+ CE)
- Capable of performing tasks at the system administrator/network administrator level, with a working knowledge of Red Hat, Windows, and Solaris operating systems
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret or higher security clearance; applicant will be subject to a government security investigation
- Must be willing to travel as required (up to 10% of the time)
- Must be willing to work on-site at Fort Sill in Lawton, Oklahoma
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Joint or Corps/theater staff experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Advisory, Conciliation, and Arbitration Service (ACAS), Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Solar Winds
Salary Range: $63,000 - $94,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs