At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Construction Engineer will be familiar with the construction subcontracts, cost estimating, scheduling, safety, and quality.
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
• Effectively process subcontractor submittals in accordance with both the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Sentinel Infrastructure protocols
• Be very familiar with the quality inspections process
• Be very familiar with the site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP)
• Closely track the construction project schedule
• Interface with customer representative as required
• Maintain a daily construction log
• Encourage, lead, and/or participate in staff training and development
• U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP).
• Documentable training and field experience on construction products including industrial, aerospace or defense projects.
Typical Minimum Education or Experience
2 Years with Bachelor of Science; 0 Years with Masters Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Engineering Management
• Experience in large scale construction management or construction trade preferably on Department of Defense and/or missile contracts.
• Must be able to present a professional demeanor while dealing with both subcontractors, clients and peers.
• Ability to process a large volume of construction submittals and Requests for Information (RFI).
• Prior experience on large-scale projects with tight deadlines.
• Prior experience on projects with limited work space available.
Salary Range: $66,600 USD - $99,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...