hing the boundaries of innovation, redefining engineering capabilities, and driving advances in various sciences through cutting edge technology. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, and innovative technologies to develop, design, produce, and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Database Administrator to join our team supporting our Rushmore program. This position would be based in the Aurora, Colorado area at the Buckley base.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery, and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains security and integrity controls.
- Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
- Database Administration is only about 10 - 20% of the job responsibilities.
- Remainder of the job responsibilities will be either system administration or software engineering tasks, so previous experience or education in either discipline is a requirement.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and verbal formats.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks.
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed and direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for Cyber Security team.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solutions.
- Perform troubleshooting, problem-solving, and system integration.
- Perform testing of new software builds at the unit and system level.
- Perform checkout of new software builds delivered from factory to ensure discrepancy
- Report (DR) fixes are valid.
This position requires being onsite and does not support remote or hybrid work.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3, depending on the candidate's experience as laid out in the basic qualifications detailed below as well as the interview assessment.
- Level 2:
- Bachelor's degree with 3 years' experience; Master's degree with 1 year experience; 7+ years may be considered in lieu of a completed degree
- Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years' experience; Master's degree with 4 year experience; 10 + years may be considered in lieu of a completed degree
- Must have Active/Final Top Secret/SCI DoD clearance with CI Poly**
- Must have at least 1 year of server administration
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (example: Security+ CE) OR** ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date as a condition of continued employment.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with software maintenance and sustainment
- Familiarity with Software deployment and coordination experience and ability to support external partners during the installation and build process
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work occasional 12 hour shifts
- 5:30am to 5:30pm in support of mission requirements
- Willing to perform on-call duties on an as needed basis
- Bachelor's or higher in a STEM degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance processes for various USG classified networks
- Experience of Active Directory forests, including root and child domains,
- Experience of cross platform networks consisting of Linux, UNIX and Windows Servers
- Experience implementing a Certificate Authority (CA) and distributing certificates both within the domain and with cross-domain certificates (https://i.e. distributing certificates from a CA in a trusted zone to systems within a DMZ)
- Experience standing-up/configuring certificate management services for TLS certificate distribution (https://i.e. minimizing manual transfers of certificates).
- Experience distributing certificates across different Operating Systems (https://i.e. distributing certificates generated from Windows CAs to Linux containerized applications).
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment experience
- Experience with Perl, TCL, Python Java and C++ software development
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to use software debuggers
- Knowledge of object-oriented design
- Knowledge of database administration (Postgresql or Oracle)
- Experience with Version Control Software Git
- Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Ability to work as an effective member of a badgeless team, be self-motivated, and work under general direction while independently determining and developing approaches to solutions
To better support our employee's work/life balance, most NG worksites support a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off. This schedule or other work-hour flexibility options can be determined upon hire.
With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on Earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. #definingpossible
Salary Range: $73,600 - $110,400
Salary Range 2: $90,600 - $136,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.