e, resources and processes required to deliver new software or upgrade existing products. As well as responsible for the leadership of managing people, executing performance reviews, staffing programs, and career development of employees.
Software manager plans, directs and coordinates all activities related to the software team:
- Provide technical oversight of design, development, and integration of software components
- Support the team in identifying and addressing impediments to the attainment of goals, including taking action to remove impediments where appropriate
- Drive sustainable continuous improvement, including by collating and deriving insights from data
- Generate proposal and estimates inputs for new work
- Act as a Control Account Manager (CAM) using Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Lead the team in applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools using Agile development methodology
- Guide the team in compliance with the Internal Software Development Plan (iSDP) and the Agile Development Plan (ADP)
- Coordinate with other disciplines when needed such as Systems and Hardware
- Candidate must have strong communication and people leadership skills
Software managers also manages a group of up to 15 direct reports:
- Set attainable goals
- Execute performance reviews
- Guide the employees regarding career development
- Support teams or individuals to improve performance and achieve goals through coaching and mentoring
- Provide Flowdown and direction from upper management and the organization
Software and Digital Technologies is hiring for 3 different sub-organizations:
- Software Technologies: Radars and Sensors for ground and air-based platforms: Our organization has stable work spread across multiple customers and platforms. This work covers Ship based countermeasures, Battle space awareness, Real time radar processing, Aerial target detection and tracking, Cognitive and Adaptive Electronic Warfare, and much much more!
- Product Line Software: Develop distributed, real-time & embedded (DRE) OT software systems for general purpose and higher performance embedded computing (HPEC) applications right on your Windows or Linux desktop - no special hardware required.
- Mission Security: Defending the warfighting capability by "keeping secret things from getting out" and "keeping malicious things from getting in".
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar engineering/technical degree
- 9 years of progressive Software Engineering/Development experience
- Experience as a Software Engineering/Development Team Leader
- https://U.S. citizenship with an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree with working knowledge of Linux or VxWorks operating systems
- Prior software functional management experience (executing performance appraisals, staffing allocations, software process leadership, and career goals development)
- Board support software experience
- Management of budget for technical activities
This position is contingent upon receiving a Secret clearance and SAP upon starting.
Salary Range: $141,100 - $211,700
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.