At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking an F-35 Supplier Program Director to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals . This position will be in Redondo Beach, California.
The F-35 Supplier Program Director is responsible to lead the supplier program management team for the Germany Center Fuselage (CF) supplier. The leader is responsible and accountable for managing all aspects of subcontractor performance. This specifically includes cost, quality, schedule, technical, risk, and opportunities on behalf of the IPT to ensure expectations are met.
F-35 Supplier Program Director Responsibilities:
- Provides Supplier Program Management team (SPMT) leadership and has programmatic responsibility, authority, and accountability for subcontractor performance.
- Establishes a cadence of regular weekly meetings with the Supplier to address SPMT agenda for in-depth review, analysis, and joint decisions.
- Conduct Monthly internal IPT/SPMT reviews within NGAS to provide status /progress and review critical issues.
- Develops and maintains a Responsibility, Authority, and Accountability (RAA) matrix for the lifecycle of the subcontract or purchase order (PO).
- In total collaboration with the Global Supply Chain Lead and other SPMT members, coordinates supplier statement of work development, supplier technical requirement development, and maintenance of those items throughout the program's lifecycle ensuring proper and accurate requirements are flowed to the supplier.
- Ensures successful supplier program execution in accordance with the supplier statement of work and technical requirements documentation.
- Assesses supplier processes, compliance to the supplier statement of work and technical requirements, and effectiveness in the supplier's ability to deliver safe, reliable, and quality products and/or services that meet all contractual requirements.
- Conduct separate working Group meetings to provide focus on critical issues or topics that require deep dives.
- Evaluates leading indicators Metrics/Analysis to assess Supplier progress/performance and trends and implement course corrective action to mitigate.
- Assesses the supplier effectiveness in critical execution areas including, but not limited to, affordability initiatives, forecasting, managing, and controlling cost using the terms and conditions defined in the subcontract or PO.
- Works proactively with suppliers to achieve all subcontract technical objectives.
- Assesses the timeliness of the supplier against the program's schedule performance requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, completion of the subcontract or PO, milestones, delivery schedules, risks, opportunities, and administrative requirements.
- Assesses, manages, and mitigates supplier Risk and Opportunities.
- Works with the Global Supply Chain Lead, and Buyer / Subcontracts Administrator (SCA) to set the requirements for the applicable performance reporting system (https://i.e., Supplier Assessment Management System [SAMS]) reporting cycle. This includes ensuring that feedback assignments, supplier ratings, and approvals are completed in a timely manner.
- Reports supplier performance, including technical, cost, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction performance, to the IPT Leader and/or Program Manager.
- Material Control Account Management for all contract level non-Labor Dollar control accounts on the subcontract. Provide management of the Work Package including driving the Total Cost Management process to ensure management of all non-Labor Dollar elements of cost.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years (8+ years with Master's) of experience in engineering, supply chain, operations, production program management or business leadership experience inclusive of pursuit, capture, design, development, EMD, low-rate initial production and full rate production.
- 10+ years production program experience or aircraft program experience
- Demonstrated experience managing revenue, profit, and cash performance of programs.
- Required international travel minimum 25%
- Active Secret clearance
- Demonstrated experience operating and leading in team environment, and to teaching/mentoring others to manage in same way.
- Demonstrated experience resolving disputes and negotiating with positive outcome while maintaining good relationships with the suppliers and customers.
- Strong formal and informal communication skills with all levels of internal and external management.
Salary Range: $204,100 - $306,100
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs