is for a full-time technical role in Colorado Springs, CO (100% on site). The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Provide mission operations support to Satellite programs including coordination of flight control, mission planning, and sustaining engineering activities.
• Lead a diverse team of engineers/operators
• Support system maintenance activities such as procedure updates, architecture upkeep, and formal program milestones.
• Work with systems engineers to conduct anomaly review board investigations as necessary.
• Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies.
• Support operations readiness activities including configuration control board and other customer meetings
• Support operations, including shift work which will include 12 hour and night shifts
• Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required.
• Supporting the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations including customer and external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks
• Perform demonstrations and conduct briefings explaining how to utilize mission systems to accomplish task-based objectives
• Performing quantitative risk analysis
• Provide mentoring, guidance and manage tasks for the operations team.
• Provide status reporting through both the functional and program reporting branches.
• Maintain standards associated with the established Integrated/Developmental Operations functional group processes.
• Support internal and external customer meetings through proficient verbal and documented (MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel) communications.
• May require travel ~ 10% of the time for support of customer or backup mission operations center.
*This position will require shift work including swing or night shift, and/or 12-hr shifts
This position can be filled as a Principal (level 3) or a Sr Principal (level 4) depending on experience and qualifications.
Salary Range: $97,000 - $136,000
Salary Range 2: $121,000 - $161,000
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.