At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Hardware Engineer / Principal Hardware Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position can be filled in Colorado Springs, CO, Huntsville, AL, or Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Final grade level offered will be based on experience level.
What You'll Get To Do:
The individual in this role will serve as a design and integration engineer for ground based electronic hardware components. The scope of work spans requirements, design, development, analysis, laboratory testing, verification, and production of hardware, wire harnesses, and equipment racks. Specific duties/responsibilities will include:
• Mechanical design and analysis of equipment racks and wire harnesses using Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
• Conduct packaging trades
• Generate drawing packages and associated electronic data
• Support the fabrication, assembly, and test of hardware, equipment racks, and wire harnesses.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Engineer: Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience (additional 4 years of experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree); 0 years with Master's Degree
• Principal Engineer: Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience (additional 4 years of experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree); 3 years with Master's Degree; 0 years with PhD
• 3D CAD and mechanical design experience
• Working knowledge of system testing and integration
• Ability to work with little direct supervision, self-motivated, and self-starting
• Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
• Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
• A current DoD Secret clearance granted or re-investigated within last 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• A current DoD Top Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
•Experience using Siemens NX and/or Teamcenter
• Experience using Mentor Capital
• Experience with or knowledge of analytical and/or Finite Element Modeling (FEM) tools
• Experience with electrical design and/or electronics manufacturing process
• Experience performing environmental (i.e. thermal, shock, etc.) analysis of electronic components in support of qualification activities
• IPC/WHMA -A -620 Manufacture of cable, wire and harness assemblies Certified
• IPC J-STD-001 Standard Soldering Requirements Certified
• AFSI D38999 Connector Certification
• Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience using DOORS, Cameo EA, Microsoft Office, and MATLAB
Salary Range: $64,600 USD - $125,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...