At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position can be filled in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
What You'll Get To Do:
The selected candidate will support and lead Software development in the Launch Guidance and Control sub-IPT. Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Derive and allocate requirements into detailed design
• Designs, develops and tests software product functionality
• Collaborates with Systems and Quality Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
• Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
• Generates software product documentation
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• A Bachelor and 5 years of experience; 3 years with Master's Degree; 0 years with PhD or 4 additional years in lieu of a degree
• Minimum 2 years experience in software development in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++
• Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering languages (SysML/UML) and concepts
• Experience with UI design and development, or experience Interpreting complex algorithms and requirements for implementation
• Experience as technical lead on a software engineering team or project
• Experience presenting to program management, other technical managers and customers
• Active DoD Secret clearance, granted or re-investigated within last 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Additional years of experience above the minimum requirement
• Experience with software architecture and design utilizing an MBSE tool, preferably Rhapsody
• Experience with automated unit and regression testing,
• Experience working within on an Agile team within a DevSecOps environment
• Experience with deployment automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
• Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle
• Experience with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
• Experience with Linux operating systems
Salary Range: $87,600 USD - $138,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...