At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Engineer - Test Instrumentation and Planning. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrence (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You**'**ll Get To Do:
• Develop and execute the integrated test strategy of the program.
• Synthesize test requirements into verification requirements, test objectives, success criteria, and required resources for system level tests and demonstrations.
• Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports.
• Execution of qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
• Develop test enabling product requirements (i.e,, MGSE, EGSE, test instrumentation, test facilities).
• Creation of test ConOps flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting schedule and technical requirements and/or constraints
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, technical stakeholders, peers, and customers.
• Participate in internal and customer test planning working groups.
• Support program reviews and customer delivery (CDRL) development
• Lead test planning campaigns through major program milestones and/or mission threads
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You**'**ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline and 14 years of engineering experience; or a Master's of Science in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline with 12 years of engineering experience, or PhD and 9 years of engineering experience.
• Demonstrated experience in the area of Test Planning and execution in addition to the education and experience requirements
• Active DOD Secret Clearance with completed investigation within the last 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or related discipline with 12+ years of relatable work experience
• Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO
• Prior experience in missile program test planning and execution
Salary Range: $122,500 USD - $183,700 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...