iness Unit, is a leading supplier of complex electro-optic and photonic systems and subsystems that control and manipulate light waves for a variety of applications. Our talented team of engineers, managers and technologists conceive, design, develop and manufacture high precision products in an environment that requires significant collaboration and teamwork among multiple engineering disciplines.
AOX is an end-to-end engineering company that creates solutions, puts them into practice, and manufactures them. We develop solutions to some of the nation's hardest technical challenges leveraging advanced technical capabilities in optical, mechanical, software, electronics controls, systems, test and manufacturing engineering to perform applied research, engineering development, and precision manufacturing. We are seeking an Industrial Engineer to support our Devens, MA site.
Learn more about AOX at https://www.northropgrumman.com/who-we-are/aoa-xinetics
Reporting to the Director of Industrial Engineering, the Industrial Engineer will be a leader in innovation, evaluation, development and implementation of methods and systems in support of complex manufacturing processes. You will be responsible for analyzing operations, designing workflows, production processes with the goal of reducing productivity inefficiencies that will improve and ensure final product requirements and deliverables. You will be given the unique opportunity to contribute to the company's success by having direct input and accountability for the fabrication and assembly of next generation components and systems processes that utilize state of the art proprietary technologies in a growing environment where manufacturing capacity and strict product requirements are being challenged by an increasing need to produce components and technologies for our industry leading customers.
- Critical evaluation of current manufacturing practices and development of improvement plans where gaps are identified
- Develop and execute manufacturing process plans to produce government and commercial customer hardware/assembled components using tools and methods such as SPC, DOE and RCCA
- Develop production cost models, standard work and cost saving methods
- Apply Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis, and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing.
- Develop models, data bases and software to analyze data (https://e.g., statistics, product yield, manufacturing cost, take time, etc.), and provides expert analysis and metrics to support improvements in manufacturing efficiency, facility expansion, eliminate excess inventory and efficient layouts
- Leads in the application of extensive industrial engineering techniques and concepts to support product design and manufacturing engineering teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in robust production
- Uses engineering methods (https://e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to develop optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (https://e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation, validation and expansion of products.
- Through analysis and design of the value stream, including capability, capacity, throughput, workflow to define/resolve production bottlenecks and logistic concerns (https://e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
- Research, design, develop, improve, and implement processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improved quality, through the application of advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large-scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Develop and implement plans that ensure the timely availability and effective utilization of labor, general facilities & space utilization, equipment, & tooling resources enabling the achievement of program delivery and cost milestones
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems
- Based on outcomes from the studies, develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods
- May assist facility engineers in the planning and design of facilities
- Develop and summarize analysis for the acquisition, maintenance & enhancement of capital assets and miscellaneous equipment
- Provide capacity planning, shop-loading and staffing analysis for functional production teams
- Analyze existing operational processes and develops metrics and reporting to optimize and improve program & operational performance
- May be required to support more than one product line and manufacturing area(s), as well as support multiple program or production managers
- Advance / perpetuate lean manufacturing (5S, 5 Why, Ishikawa Diagrams, Standard Work, kaizen, Visual Management, etc.) as much as possible through teaching, demonstration, and general communication
- Support kaizen activities (participation, kaizen champion, leader/co-leader, and/or facilitator)
- Pull together consensus and act as a point of reference for developing and implementing continuous improvement projects based on that consensus
- Analyze existing operational processes and develop sense for operational needs of team members
- https://B.S. degree Industrial Engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in an Industrial Engineering or similar role in manufacturing
- Experience applying and implementing lean methodologies in manufacturing/production environments including root-cause and corrective action
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal), critical thinking, logical reasoning and problem solving skills that predict potential technical risks (internal and suppliers)
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- https://U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for employment
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working with the manufacture of optical components, optical assembly and/or ceramic material applications/processes
- Ability to stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time -- Will require doing some light lifting, taping of floors, organize shop areas, facilitate equipment movements, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as required
Salary Range: $77,100 - $115,700
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.