e a team of System Administrators across multiple programs and efforts. This position is an Information Technology Systems Administration Management role within the Enterprise Services department and would be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. You have the ability to collaborate within and across teams to accomplish goals. You are committed to ethics, integrity, and innovation while challenging traditional ways of doing business. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and you are comfortable engaging with internal and external customers.
- Lead a team of Systems Administrators performing direct work on Information Systems and other computer models.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Use good judgement to pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work closely with program-assigned technicians and systems engineers, and management in order ensure the computer systems and software stays in a high state of readiness. Maintain a high quality of system efficiency.
- Oversee and manage the quality and timeliness of the organization's products, and identification and remediation of potential issues before they become problems
- Develop and manage detailed budgets and schedules and create work assignments for indirect tasking
- The successful candidate will support multiple programs and have Functional Manager duties, which fluctuate throughout the year due to business needs and the performance management cycle.
- Associate's degree and 7 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience OR Master's degree with 3 years of management experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
- Active DOD Top Secret clearance
- Must have the ability to maintain, access to Special Access Programs as a condition of continued employment.
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows software and Linux OS.
- Experience with expertise with VMware, or other virtualization specialties.
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, VMware processes and Configuration Management as it pertains to software/hardware management.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology Management
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Proven interaction in a distributed team environment
- Strong background in software troubleshooting, and the process of the Software Review Boards, Agile or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong team building/collaboration skills
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Linux High Performance Computers
- Prior extensive experience with VMWare, vCenter, vSphere, ESXi,
- Prior experience in information systems management
- Proven leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate exemplary professionalism and ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to build diverse/inclusive teams with engaged team members
- Demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills, and excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Previous experience leading a team of 5-12 employees with a record of on-time performance
- Time management and organizational skills to prioritize across concurrent program and functional responsibilities
Salary Range: $112,000 - $168,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.