rop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
The Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Manager 2 Harness Engineer to lead an experienced team of Harness Engineers, Designers and Managers supporting National Security spacecraft system harness design and manufacturing. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
- Leading, mentoring, and coordinating a team of Harness Engineers and Designers.
- Lead the development of total Harness product for major programs. Support Engineering staff developing detailed Spacecraft Harness Design, including flight part selection, creation of wire harness drawings and schematics, and Harness Assembly and modeling development.
- Support programs in a technical lead role, and ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total harness subsystem solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Interfacing with Design and Manufacturing groups to monitor component production process/progress.
- Interfacing with Integration and Test group to monitor harness and component integration.
- Candidate must be comfortable with managing staff, meeting deadlines, working on multiple projects concurrently, and working with various engineering disciplines and customers as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all projects assigned to the organizational group. Advisor to lower-level managers and exempt employees. Helps meet established schedules or resolve technical or operational problems. Typically accomplishes results through lower level(s) of management or exempt employees.
- Responsible and accountable for employee performance and adherence to Northrop Grumman ethics and values
- Responsible and accountable for Proposal Development which includes the review and approval of Technical, Cost, and schedule baselines.
- Actively participates in Engineering Review Boards (ERBs) and Change Control Boards (CCBs)
- Technical Subject Matter Expert and Review Chairperson for Technical Peer Reviews
- Responsible for maintaining Lessons Learned and implementing appropriate Corrective and Preventative Actions. Defines methods for measuring the effectiveness of the associated actions.
- Assist the Director by providing direction and leadership to the Harness directorate with ultimate responsibility for:
- Working with lower level managers to support Harness staffing for programs
- Employee Allocation, Utilization Planning, and Assignments
- Recruiting and Employee Retention
- Career Development and Professional Growth
- Personnel Communications
- Software Tools, Computers
- Performance Evaluations
- Salary Management
- Proposal Support, Review and Approval
- Overhead and Capital Budget Management
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management
- Technical Standards and Engineering Processes
- Increase Product Line Competitiveness through innovative and paradigm changing solutions in technology, cost, schedule, and mission designs.
- 10 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors Degree in STEM, or a Masters Degree with 8 years or relevant engineering experience.
- Experience with leading/managing a team of Harness Engineers/Designers
- Experience leading the development of detailed harness design, the ability to collaborate and work on a team, and be a self-sufficient independent worker
- Familiar with Harness Related Mil Specs and NASA specs
- Able to prioritize, execute and delegate tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and oversee projects within cost, schedule and technical baselines and possess a working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources and summarize key issues at the executive-level.
- Experience with leading/managing Managers
- Experience using/interfacing with Creo Schematics and supporting modeling and/or fabricating harnesses.
- Active Top Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Division is a strategic partner specializing in commercial and classified partnerships with the design, delivery, operation and sustainment of satellites and human spacecraft. We support science and space exploration through our various partnerships, including NASA's Artemis program with the goal to return humans to the Moon. Recognized as an industry leader, we also develop highly specialized space and satellite components.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules (For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work)
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more.
Salary Range: $151,900 - $227,900
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.