related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Launch Vehicles (LV) Sentinel Program Promontory Manager Mechanical Engineering 1 will provide daily leadership of electrical, mechanical, and propulsion engineer staff at the LV field site location in support of the Sentinel Program, in Promontory, UT.
The engineering team supports the manufacture, assembly and test of target launch vehicles for the Sentinel program. This role is responsible for development and implementation of mechanical and electrical I&T engineering statement of work requirements, electronic planning instructions, and cost and schedule programmatic milestones.
Candidate shall possess a solid background in engineering and have an understanding of system-level manufacturing concepts as they apply to mechanical integration and electrical testing of complex systems.
Duties will require daily contact with space launch vehicle hardware and solid rocket motors. Candidate will be responsible for leading the integration and test engineering team, providing leadership in the final system-level integration and test of air launched and ground launched target vehicles.
Specific duties may include: direct the development of detailed electronic work instructions, processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems; ensure consistent application of assembly processes and philosophies across all products; coordinate integration activities and schedules with Production and Operations management, program engineers and various customer organizations; ensure hardware defects and test anomalies are properly identified and documented; develop and implement robust and effective corrective actions; identify and champion continuous improvement opportunities; develop manpower forecasts to meet the needs of the Operations organization; responsible for all aspects of employee performance management for direct report employees.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Interface effectively with Propulsion Systems business unit safety and operations personnel in demonstrating compliance to site-specific safety requirements. Ability to communicate with engineers and managers from various backgrounds and across other functional organizations is required. Occasional business travel required.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Provides overall leadership and task assignments to diverse team of Integration and Test (I&T) electrical, mechanical, and propulsion engineers
• Manage the creation, peer review, and release of electronic work instruction plans and packages in accordance with daily activity schedule (DAS)
• Responsible for overall the performance management of the I&T engineers including performance evaluations, merit and compensation planning, professional development, coaching, mentoring, and hiring decisions.
• Support the Operations Manager and the Production Manager with the requisite I&T engineering support for BIF activities
• Interface with Strategic Defense Services (SDS), Propulsion Systems, and Defense Contractor Management Agency (DCMA) as necessary regarding daily activities, safety compliance, inter-business unit engineering activities
• Provides input and status for the BIF Operations Manager regarding daily activity and schedule progress
• Facilitates the execution of the iCard program and contributes to ongoing Continuous Improvement initiatives
• Occasional business travel may be necessary (10% or less)
Salary Range: $96,700 - $145,100
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.