individual to join our software team. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida. This role is for a Software Functional Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This leadership opportunity will fill a Software Section Manager under the E-2 program.
This is a vital role supporting the program in mission critical software design and development. This is a dual-hat role requiring the manager to perform functional management activities as well as perform a Technical Statement of Work in support of the E-2 program. The role of a Functional manager will comprise 15% to 20% of the manager's time. Applicants must have a strong technical background in software development and embedded systems, including software requirements, and software design experience.
Technical responsibilities include:
• Develop, modify and maintain software for airborne applications using software engineering best practices & standards and participate in the full life-cycle of software development to include C/C++ coding to flight/safety critical coding standards, unit testing and software integration testing, software requirements and design documentation and support for program reviews.
• Partner closely with responsible Software, System, & Test Engineers and Development Test Labs to ensure a testable product is being developed.
• Design influence to increase product reliability and test coverage.
• Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection.
• Ensure consistency and quality of SW Products.
Leadership responsibilities include:
• Tasking and coordination of approximately 12-15 engineers, and process and resource coordination with functional homeroom management.
• Prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result and provide direction to resolve priorities to achieve goals.
• Make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations, and services.
• Comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
Functional responsibilities include:
• Assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected, and working with the respective IPT to address those needs.
• Supporting recruitment activities including the creation of requisitions, conducting interviews, and approving offers.
• Partnering with the program software manager and IPT leads in establishing personal program and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates.
• Providing their subordinates with career development recommendations, mentoring, correcting, as necessary.
• Acquire the necessary computers, equipment, and tools to enable their subordinates to perform their work.
• Generate training plans based on the program and their subordinates' needs.
• Provide their group with regular flow down of company and organizational status and appropriately represent and be a spokesperson for the Software Engineering organization to their group, assigned project, and the company.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field AND 9 years of related professional/military experience that includes a background in software development, OR a Master's degree AND 7 years of related professional/military experience that includes a background in software development.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience with all phases of the software development process
• Must have at least 5 years of experience in C/C++ or other OOP languages
• Current active Secret DoD Security clearance is required.
• Must be able to attain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR)
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Familiarity with Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience working in a DevOps culture with continuous integration / continuous deliveries
• Lead or management experience in a team environment
• Demonstrated leadership of engineering personnel on a Northrop Grumman Corporation program
• Active/Current Special Program Access
Salary Range: $127,700 - $191,500
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.