At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Talent Development Manager will help shape and execute a broad based talent development strategy and related processes in alignment with business and workforce needs to unleash the full potential of our people and business. This individual will be responsible for identifying, assessing and developing talent development solutions aimed at developing and growing the capabilities and skills of our people who are focused on defining possible each and every day.
In partnership with the Talent Development Director, this Manager will help define the learning and talent development strategy for key talent segments to drive continued growth, development and engagement of our people. The individual will take a data-driven approach to lead the assessment and analysis of development needs and partner with key stakeholders to prioritize, develop, deliver and scale those development solutions. This person will leverage technology and modern approaches to help transform the learning and development experience for our people, including taking a skills driven approach to development and driving digital transformation through various learning approaches. Additionally, this Manager seek opportunity to take an integrated approach to learning and development by applying learning and development subject matter expertise (e.g., instructional design) to ensure solutions appropriately demonstrate alignment to the company strategy, talent strategies and talent management disciplines, such as skills/competencies, succession management, performance management, and culture assessments. The ideal candidate will manage a team capable of meeting the learning and development needs of a large and complex aerospace and defense company in an ever-changing talent landscape and be able to lead others in a matrix environment. The successful candidate will effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for creating strategic concepts and translating them to execution to produce business outcomes.
• Provide input toward the shaping of an enterprise talent development strategy
• Drive execution within specific talent segment(s) and related processes in alignment with business and workforce needs (including needs assessment and validation, measurements/ROI)
• Provide leadership for broad based development, including a focus on skills and supporting digital transformation and culture change through learning.
• Partner with talent management and sectors to evolve existing program(s) and make recommendations to improve, sunset or stand up appropriate rotation program(s).
• Drive the identification, assessment, development and delivery for talent development solutions for the enterprise, integrating competency frameworks, company core values and leadership behaviors and tying focus areas to business strategy, priorities and needs. Apply practical stakeholder, change and project management disciplines to execute and deliver programs.
• Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in the talent development domain (e.g., instructional design) including line of sight to internal and external best practices and adopt for the enterprise as appropriate.
• Partner with and provide consulting/advisory for Organizational Effectiveness in the business to ensure talent development strategies align with business needs.
• Identify talent development intersection points across functional partners (inside and outside of HR) to deliver an integrated approach and employee experience across our learning and development programs and processes.
• Partner with Technical Development and Talent Management teams to ensure needs align with offerings and learning experiences are consistent.
• Provide input toward talent development organizational design including services and delivery model, organizational roles and talent requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in business, management, organizational development, human resources, or closely related field is required.
• Minimum of 6+ years of mixed experience in an HR Business Partner role, or a leadership role demonstrating expertise in learning and development, organization development, succession planning, strategizing and implementing organizational and/or talent management solutions to include change management, talent management and development, rotational programs, or leadership / functional development.
• Experience in a technology/manufacturing or aerospace and defense organization
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigate ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated experience leading medium-large teams of direct and indirect leadership teams to drive successful business and functional outcomes
• Experience collaborating with and influencing senior leaders (VPs) to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project and/or process goals and objectives and strategic initiatives
• Must be willing to travel (25%) of the time
• Outstanding organization and project management skills with the ability to manage the delivery of high-quality, on-time programs in a dynamic environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to manage multiple clients with multiple needs in an efficient and effective manner.
• Systems and strategic thinking.
• Executive level presentation experience and proven proficiency
• Desired experience includes Learning & Development or line of business experience to include organizational effectiveness / organization development, with strong knowledge and understanding of talent management, and internal consulting practices.
• Experience leading and developing learning solutions in a digital environment, leveraging nudges, gamification and other modern techniques to enhance the learning experience and improve ROI.
• Experience in consulting / coaching senior leadership and expertise in change management and strategic communication strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated capability in process improvement implementation.
• Vendor management, project management experience strongly desired.
• Master's degree or advanced certification in OE/OD preferred.
Salary Range: $116,160 USD - $174,240 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...