At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Full Structural Test Team at PAICE is looking for Operations / Technician Manager. This position is for a Working, hands-on Manager, whom is willing to work any shift and EWW. The candidate is expected to work side by side with Test Conductors RDEs and Technicians. The candidate must be a well-rounded individual capable executing the duties of a Functional manager as well as an Assignment / Technical Manager
The selected candidate will co-manage and lead a multi discipline Technician team through the build-up, check-out and maintenance of multiple Test Stands / Reaction frames. Candidate is also responsible for leading the technician team during all Structural Test Execution activities. The selected candidate will also co-manage Test Facility / Infrastructure maintenance. Selected candidate will, on a regular basis interface with the STT Operations Manager Site Facilities personnel, as well as Internal and External Customers.
The position requires a confident, resourceful, highly motivated, results oriented individual with previous leadership experience. This position requires multiple shift operations and EWW.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Functional responsibilities include:
• Coaching and developing team members, primarily but not limited to Technicians
• Employee performance evaluations
• Time card approvals
• Team building, interviews and candidate down-select
• Executing special assignments in support of FHR as well as Program requests
• Coordinate with STA, FTA Engineering Managers and FHR developing and maintaining POP plan
Assignment Manager Responsibilities:
• Management of discrete work package, execution and schedule.
• Manage crew assignments, recurring and non-recurring task.
• Prioritize and de-conflict schedule, resources and talent allocation.
• Develop, document and implement processes and procedures.
• Oversee risk reduction and trade study efforts.
• Oversee Test Set-up build-up / integration
• Oversee and ensure test execution, objective / requirements compliance and data validity
• Primary liaison / POC to facilities, and Equipment Suppliers for Test Facility build-up effort.
• Primary liaison / POC to Manufacturing and to Test Director / Conductor
• Must have Bachelors degree and 5 years of relative experience, or Masters and 3 years of experience or 8 yrs. industry experience
• DoD, Secret clearance, in scope within the last 5 yrs. and capable of obtaining and maintaining special program access.
• Knowledge of manufacturing and machine shop materials, processes and methodology.
• Familiarity with Mechanical Assembly, Integration and Test experience.
• 8 yrs. industry experience, 3 yrs. in a leadership / management position.
• Special Program Access, (Strike), active
• Demonstrated knowledge of product life cycle, Manufacturing thru Testing
• Ability to develop relationships and operate in a collaborative team environment
• Experience in briefing managers, program leadership and customers.
• Proven experience in a Technical Lead or Management role.
Salary Range: $108,700 USD - $163,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...