At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector is seeking a Mission Systems Engineer and Integration (MSE&I) IPT Lead for the Integrated Missions Operating Unit. This position is an onsite position located in El Segundo, CA. The IPT lead will utilize systems engineering best practices to lead a MSE&I Integrated Product Team (IPT), for cross-IPT collaboration for a Family of Systems (FoS). The lead will act as a cross-IPT technical integrator working closely with peers and managers of other engineering disciplines, program managers, and IPT leads across the entire organization. Essential functions include:
Earned Value Management
- Execute the program's IPT statement of work within established budgets, schedule, and cost performance measures to achieve the program objectives.
- Responsible for earned value management, integrated master schedule/integrated master plan, CDRLS, SDRLS, risk mitigation plans, TPMSs, KPPS, and affordability goals.
- Ability to plan for, identify, estimate, cost, acquire, schedule, and retire resources needed to satisfy program requirements within organizational constraints.
- Identify, orchestrate, coordinate and control the management activities and processes that integrate program interdependencies throughout their life cycle to achieve successful program completion.
- Manage risk, issue and opportunity processes. Identify potential risks and opportunities that could impact program performance and take proactive action to resolve issues regarding cost and schedule.
- Implement the system life cycle processes for the products and product elements with the IPT's scope.
- Communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings at technical and program reviews and boards.
- Apply extensive technical expertise in the development of technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
- Strategically integrate and interface with other program IPT leaders and functional organization
- Build strong relationships across all levels, including customers, suppliers, senior leadership and within the program team
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the sub IPT leaders and program team (to include strategy development, coaching team members, resolving conflict, and optimizing team level performance).
- Manage external teammates/suppliers, internal work agreements to optimize outcomes.
- Plan and direct IPT strategy development that integrates with the overall effort; and participate in the business strategic and discretionary planning processes.
- Establish and clearly communicate overall program objectives, mission, vision and strategy
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations to senior leadership, the program team, and management team.
- Manage proposal teams and timely delegations to achieve results.
- Consistently make time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field, with 9 years of engineering experience or 7 years with a Master's Degree.
- Must have US Citizenship with current or active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience in systems engineering with MBSE, software design, or demonstrated ability to work with software-aided design tools
- The ability to obtain program access
- Proven team leadership experience in program integration, operations, program execution, proposals, & capture efforts to meet quality, performance, cost, and schedule requirements
- The ability to effectively communicate with engineers and management from multiple disciplines
- Risk management experience
- Experience leading in team environment, teach/mentor others to manage in same way
- Broad understanding of U.S. Government family of systems (FoS) system design, space vehicles, and ground systems
- Experience in a Systems Engineering role with responsibilities in the planning, designing, implementation, testing, and delivery of a system with Cyber/Information Assurance requirements
- Detailed and team oriented with demonstrated leadership and organization skills
- Ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, and understood in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
- Issue & Problem Resolution: The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
- Planning, Scheduling & Earned Value: The ability to initiate, develop, integrate, execute, direct and control program plans and cost and schedule baselines that meet both program contractual requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Ability to resolve conflict and negotiate with positive outcome while maintaining good relationships with customers.
Salary Range: $176,100 USD - $264,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.