Robins, GA or Newport News, VA. The selected candidates will be motivated, energetic, and willing to learn. The candidate will work on a small team supporting the Defense Weapons Systems. They will support the integration of Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AFDCGS) mission capabilities to include: installation, maintenance, and sustainment.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Perform network engineering functions including conceptualization, design, implementation, and optimization.
- Provide integrated support to maintain and sustain the DCGS infrastructure that supports Geographic intelligence (GEOINT), Multi-Intelligence (MULTI-INT), and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT).
- Deliver detailed network schematics, hardware selections, and software configurations that meet performance requirements.
- Assess evolving user needs, translate those needs into network changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Apply current and emerging network software and hardware technology and protocols.
- Maintain an advanced technical understanding of TCP/IP networks and current products and technologies like routers, firewalls, and switches.
- Ensure network is functionally capable of fulfilling all system requirements as identified by the customer.
- Perform patch testing and installation.
- Perform IA Scans using the latest DoD Approved scanning tools.
- May include travel to other locations.
- Work well in a small team environment
- Support customer needs as required
- Bachelor's in Science with 2 years' experience; Masters with 0 years' experience
- Must currently possess an active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret
- Ability to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or greater within a 2 months of hire date (e.g. Security+)
- Willing to work flexible schedule to maintain operational capability
- Experience working with Windows or Unix (Linux, Solaris) operating systems
- Familiar networking within a containerized architecture, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiar with networking and maintaining a virtualization technology such as VMWare
- Familiar with networking Dell/EMC server and storage hardware.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies
- Prior AF DCGS Experience to include military GEOINT and SIGINT domains to include U-2, Global Hawk, MQ-1 and MQ-9 sensors and processing, exploitation and dissemination (PED) architectures.
- Knowledge of military command, control, and communication systems.
This position is contingent upon contract award and customer approval.
Salary Range: $68,500 - $108,100
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.