ms Engineer or Sr. Principal Satellite Systems Engineer)**
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supports on-orbit RPO operations through planning, execution and debrief phases
- Provides Space Operations expertise to ensure spacecraft/payload and ground system health, status, anomaly troubleshooting, and resolution
- Creates initial and post maneuver orbit determination
- Executes Kalman Filter monitoring/analysis and manipulation
- Development and improvement of operations procedures or processes
- Development and improvement of operational scripts, including unit testing and system testing
- Investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures
- Supporting the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations including customer and external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks
- Perform demonstrations and conduct briefings explaining how to utilize mission systems to accomplish task-based objectives
- Performing quantitative risk analysis
- Develops RPO Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to support the
- Performs Space Domain Awareness (SDA) planning and analysis
- Providing 24x7on-call support rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) missions and the resolution of system issues and anomalies.
Candidate must be self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment, and work under general direction while independently determining and developing approaches to solutions.
This position can be filled as a Principal (level 3) or Sr Principal (level 4) depending on experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics or Engineering or related STEM field (4 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree on a case-by-case basis)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (level 3) or minimum of 9 years' experience (level 4) in a related engineering field such as mechanical, electrical, aerospace and/or operations
- https://U.S, citizen
- Active or current DoD Top Secret clearance, SCI eligible
- Strong technical background in orbital mechanics/astrodynamics
- Knowledge and experience in satellite operations engineering disciplines to include attitude control, power management, thermal control, propulsion, command and data handling, flight and ground software, and anomaly determination and resolution
- Ability to conduct a range of modeling, simulation and analysis in orbital maneuvers, orbit estimation
- Expertise in the following technical disciplines: orbital propagation and perturbations, orbit estimation, orbital maneuvers, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Familiar with a variety of astrodynamics tools (FreeFlyer, System Tool Kit (STK), NASA General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT), Orbit Determination Toolbox (ODTBX))
- Experience with developing and presenting briefing slides to senior leaders and executive level personnel
- Ability to work odd and/or extended hours covering a 24/7 period and periodic rotating shifts
- Be able to make decisions under high pressure environments and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and maintain operational procedures, products, and training materials
- Previous experience with troubleshooting, anomaly resolution and performing analysis on operational systems
- Support mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/tools: MATLAB, Python, SIMULINK, Fortran, Java, C/ C++
- Experience with RPO mission planning and execution
- Have an extensive comprehension of different astrodynamics coordinate frames such as ECI and RIC
- Experience with optimization techniques and their application to trajectory optimization and/or multi-objective optimization
- Prior aerospace-related work experience for a https://U.S Government Agency or Contractor
- Background/fundamental understand of performing statistical analysis
- Active TS/SCI clearance
This position may require occasional shift work including swing or night shift, or 12-hr shifts
Salary Range: $86,000 - $119,000
Salary Range 2: $107,000 - $140,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.