team of diverse professionals. The Primary location for this position is Melbourne, FL.**
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the Price/Cost Analysis of major Subcontracts and General Procurement cost proposals in support of ongoing activities as well as prime proposal activities.
Responsible for leading a Price/Cost Team, who support both prime and supplier acquisitions. The Manager will be responsible for and act as the main focal point to the Proposal team for all major Proposal related activities within their portfolio, escalating issues to Senior Level management as needed and brief internal leadership on the status/issues affecting the completion of performance obligations. It is the Manager's job to ensure all portfolio proposals are meeting Customer, Program, and Company needs.
The manager will further be responsible for managing the personnel on their team - coaching, growing, guiding, and enriching their careers as they manage related tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops cost models to support supplier proposal analysis and negotiation efforts.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and performs cost analysis and audit of supplier proposal for reasonableness of cost and/or price.
- Interfaces with responsible engineers regarding the integration of technical evaluations into the cost analysis when appropriate.
- Compiles data and develops an objective cost analysis position to support ongoing procurements and/or the Supply Chain prime proposal cost estimate. Prepares Price/Cost Analysis Reports (PCAR) and management presentations illustrating summary review of the evaluations.
- Summarizes evaluation findings and makes recommendations to Global Supply Chain (GSC) Business Management and Program Management. Provide negotiation support throughout the subcontract definition process. Provide misc. supplier cost and estimating analysis in support of overall department needs and business acquisitions.
- Compiles information from periodicals, catalogs, and other sources to stay informed on regulations (e.g., FAR, DFARS, etc.), price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates Supplier proposals for compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 15 Table 15-2 requirements and prepares and provides written supplier Price/Cost Analysis Reports (PCARs) detailing and evaluating the suppliers' price/cost proposal.
- Participates in fact-finding sessions via telecom or at supplier's site.
- Requests and obtains DCAA Assist Audits where applicable.
- Establishes supplier proposed vs. negotiation objective positions by major element of cost to attain formal Supply Chain Management approval for supplier negotiations.
- May participate in supplier negotiations.
- Maintains all records and supporting data used and provided in support of proposals.
- Conducts market research, analyze historical data, and develop cost estimating models and factors to evaluate price reasonableness and develop negotiation positions.
- Supports the reviews and evaluation of Subcontractor claims of "Commerciality" and Commercial Item Determinations based on Market Research and supplier support.
- Supports GSC pricing and estimating activities both during the proposal phase and in post award execution.
- Performs cost estimating/pricing duties and analysis in accordance with recognized industry best practices, specific solicitation, and customer requirements, and in full compliance with USG regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the principal liaison between the Pricing and Estimating Group (P&EG) and other functional departments to facilitate the collection of cost and pricing data.
- Reviews material estimates for P&EG and reviews consolidated priced bill of material obtained by GSC where possible.
- Prepares and supports presentation and approval of materiel estimates at the required value level as part of the proposal team.
- Supports Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Proposal and Estimating System Audits and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) Purchasing System Audits as required.
- Provides Make/Buy Analysis Support
- Bachelor's degree with at least 7-years of experience, or a master's degree with at least 5-years of experience (High School Diploma/Equivalency with 9-years of experience in lieu of degree) combined experience in any of the following: Proposal Management, Strategic Sourcing, Subcontracts Management, Procurement, Program Management, or Contracts Management
- Working experience with Microsoft Office (Specifically Excel and Word)
- Ability to perform and apply appropriate cost accounting, pricing, and estimating methods, concepts, and principles.
- 3+ years of Leadership experience - Manager or Team Lead experience is acceptable.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Master's degree in business, Global Supply Chain or Project Management
- Working knowledge of SAP and ability to analyze historical job cost actuals.
- Ability to work as an integral member of the Subcontract/Procurement team to achieve Global Supply Chain, Program, Ability to meet deadlines in a challenging, multi-tasking environment and/or sector objectives, while maintaining compliance during all stages of the proposal/acquisition process
- Intimate background with Global Supply Chain Subcontract/Procurement requirements, FAR proposal adequacy and execution
- Familiarity with the concept and application of Cost Improvement Curves
- Working knowledge of cost accounting standards, generally accepted accounting principles and accounting/proposal auditing techniques
- Working knowledge of government contract environment (FAR and DFARS)
- Active clearance
We offer flexible work arrangements, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly inclusive environment! We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees! Does this sound like what you're looking for?
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
Salary Range: $108,400 - $162,600
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.