At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Support EMI/EMC qualification testing per MIL-STD-461 standards at the system, subsystem, or component (box) level to qualify hardware for launch and space environments at our Gilbert, Arizona Satellite Manufacturing Facility.
The responsibilities of the EMI/EMC Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
• Perform EMI/EMC testing in accordance with applicable standards and test procedures. Tests may include, but are not limited to, radiated emissions, conducted emissions, radiated immunity and conducted immunity.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks. Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
• Determine proper test configuration of unit-under test to satisfy test requirements.
• Work with EMI/EMC team to troubleshoot test concerns and provide testing support.
• Design and verify build-in EMI filters.
• Create and review sweep plans, test profiles and test reports.
• Knowledge of EMI/EMC testing and NEXIO BAT-EMC software is a plus.
• Display the knowledge, experience, and skills to perform as an independent Test Conductor.
• Knows technical trend of EMC components, provides optimized or innovation EMC solution.
• Self-motivated and commercially astute, with leadership and communication skills to supervise more junior engineers if required.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, a problem solver, and must be willing to travel occasionally to locations elsewhere in the corporation in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, out-house testing support, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
• A Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Strong background in EMI/EMC standards/specifications (or equivalent commercial standards).
• Thorough knowledge of EMI/EMC testing to MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-462
• Technical knowledge of EMI/EMC test equipment (spectrum analyzers, EMI receivers, signal generators, RF amplifiers, etc)
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project
• Willingness and ability to occasionally work off-shift hours as necessary and/or travel occasionally to support test efforts.
• U.S. Citizenship is required and the ability to obtain and sustain a DoD Top Secret clearance.
• Aerospace/Space industry experience
• Current active US Secret or Top Secret security clearance
• Previous EMI/EMC testing experience
• BS in Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
• Experience working TILE and NEXIO BAT-EMC software for the purpose of EMI testing
• Experience with NASA GSFC-7000A and DoD requirements
• NARTE certification
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more. Link: www.northropgrumman.com/benefits
Salary Range: $95,000 USD - $120,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...