on. This is a Quality Engineering position that will support the Promontory Rocket Motor Mixing Quality organization.
The qualified candidate will become part of the Space Systems sector.
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Designs inspection processes, for highly energetic, static sensitive, corrosive, and chemical processes.
• Designs arrangement of inspection equipment within the facility to ensure the most safe and efficient layout.
• Implements qualification and change management processes to ensure products or services meet customer requirements. Engineer must understand all safety risks of the process and design the processes such that safety risks are mitigated or eliminated. All processes must meet the minimum standard as outlined in (HOPs) Hazards Operation Standard. Understands and complies with DOD4145.26 ATF.
• Develops energetic inspection processes such that safety interlocks, standardization requirements for mixes, and remote processes are incorporated into the process for operator and process safety.
• Designs sequence of operations and quality control that specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
• Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
• Supports cross function matrixed investigation teams with emphasis on root cause analysis, process failure modes, non-conformances and effective analysis.
• Understand the design intent, failure modes, requirements and specifications of the product as well as the manufacturing processes, process controls, statistics, SPC, and quality inspections.
• Provide expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines and internal policies/procedures to assure compliance and will serve as liaison between Promontory S&MA and various other organizations including some government agencies.
• Work directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, statistical process control analyses, and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements, meet specifications, and improve processing
• Achieve and maintain Material Review Board (MRB) membership for relevant programs
Competencies for Success:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (aerospace, chemical, electrical, mechanical, material sciences engineering, or physics) required with 5 years of experience or MS with 3 years of experience. Can be filled one level higher with 9 years of experience or MS with 7 years of experience. 4 Years with PhD
Salary Range: $94,000 - $135,600
Salary Range 2: $112,000 - $168,000
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.