ineer Mission Assurance. Our NG team monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure success and has the communication works with various teams to promote continuous MRB reduction and process improvements are implemented. In addition, we assess program performance and risks to contractual requirements and help to determine resources and activities to ensure compliance.
Our team is exceptionally detail oriented. We work on sophisticated projects in the aerospace industry, producing high-quality work. Each team member has individual assignments, but we work as a united team to identify and resolve potential issues before timelines are impacted. Our team pursues inclusivity, diversity, and balance in both workload and work-life. We feel strongly about treating each other with respect and working with integrity.
Do you enjoy solving problems? Come join our team!
This position is for C-Shift support and will be responsible for all shift coordination.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement program quality inspection plans
• Work with our Engineering team to ensure part requirements are correctly described and documented in the production work plans.
• Participate with corrective action or improvement teams and promote the use of data to assist in improvement efforts.
• Preparation of first article inspection packages for internal approval or presentation to our customers.
• Processing of MRB nonconformances
• Supports multiple Programs by coordination with Operations, Engineering, and Quality teams with data analytics for process improvement.
• Conduct or support internal audits, process observations, and area assessments.
• Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
Principle Engineer Mission Assurance
• Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, etc.) and 5 years of aerospace, manufacturing and/ or quality engineering experience; Master's Degree and 3 years of aerospace, manufacturing and/ or quality engineering experience; PhD and no years of experience.
• Experience with manufacture of composites
• Experience conveying technical information (both written and verbal)
• Experience with M.S. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Clearance
• This position is for C-Shift support, and will be responsible for all shift coordination.
• Knowledge of Root Cause and Corrective Action methods
• Knowledge of continuous improvement principles
• Knowledge of data analysis methods and tools.
• Knowledge and experience with aerospace assembly
Salary Range: $92,600 - $139,000
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.