At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Engineer System Test to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The Full Scale Test Team has an opening for qualified Structural Test Engineers with Design and test execution experience. The selected candidate must poses the skills and experience that will enable them to execute in the capacity of a Principal Test Engineer as well as a Mechanical Design Engineer. Candidate must also have proven experience in a leadership role, leading / mentoring less experienced Engineers thru complete product test & design life cycle. The Full Scale Test Team is part of the Systems Integration, Test and Evaluation Organization (SIT&E) within Northrop Grumman, Aerospace Systems.
Selected candidates are expected to perform the following:
• Interpret Test Requirements and Author and publish Test Procedures.
• Mentor and lead less experienced Engineers thru all phases of Static, Fatigue / Structural Test lifecycle.
• Be part of a Test Execution Team performing Structural Test(s) of component level to Full scale test articles.
• Plan and arrange labor, schedules, and equipment allocation for testing Structural Test.
• Facilitate collaboration across disciplines during technical interchanges.
• Interpret post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
• Ability to collaborate with other IPTs, external customers and vendors during technical interchanges.
• Interpret Test Data, determine and suggest changes in test configuration, equipment, procedures or manufacturing processes.
• Collaborate with other IPTs to develop test and test data requirements.
• Participate in post-test data evaluation and problem identification and resolution.
• Have a strong background in mechanical design, tooling development, reaction frame and Load introduction fixture experience.
• Lead and manage multiple projects through design and test lifecycle.
• Review designs for Technical compliance and requirements.
• Lead and provide mentorship to less experienced Engineers through design lifecycle and gate reviews such as PDR, CDR and TRR.
• Have a strong background in GD&T and ASME design standards.
• Coordinate design criteria with Internal Customers, Vendors, Test Engineering, EHS and Facilities Personnel.
• Evaluate design factors such as ease manufacturing, use of COTS parts, cost, safety, maintenance and end user.
• Have a keen eye to Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements with First time quality in mind
• Analyze damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling
This position requires strong leadership, written and oral communications skills as well as a team centric approach to problem solving. Candidate must be able to work with minimal direction and little to no supervision. Must work well in a large team environment as well as an individual contributor. Candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
• STEM, BS Degree, with 5 years of experience or Master's Degree with 3 years of Experience
• Secret clearance within 5 years scope
• Must be able to obtain and maintain PAR
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts/overtime
• NX10, CPLM and GD&T experience
• Good written and oral communication skills with experience with Microsoft Office
• Structural Test experience, and/or experience with multiple disciplines
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Current PAR
• Extensive NX10, CPLM and GD&T experience with drawing skills
• Good written and oral communication skills with extensive experience with Microsoft Office
Salary Range: $92,200 USD - $138,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...