At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (AS) has an opening for a Principal or Sr Principal Architecture Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The AS sector is looking to grow in support of designing and implementing technologies critical to Architecture initiatives. Our work influences the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices as well as impacting acquisition programs.
As an architecture systems engineer you will work with the Chief Architect and Systems Engineering lead to design architecture solutions supporting Open Mission System (OMS) and Universal Command and Control Initiative (UCI) Standards development. The candidate should have experience in developing SysML models and utilizing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools or experience in Mission Engineering. The candidate must also have an active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain Top Secret and SAP clearances.
We are looking for innovative thinkers who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with multi-tasking, prioritizing tasks, giving verbal presentations, and self-educating without direct supervision. You must have a firm understanding of traditional systems engineering concepts and methodologies and must be able to apply and adjust these concepts and methodologies to an accelerated process in the early stages of the engineering design. You must be familiar with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), be able to work within an agile environment, and be an "out of the box" thinker.
• Participation in architecture definition and complex system problem solving in support of Research and Advanced Design programs
• Design, develop, and document systems that contain logical solutions using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Collaborate with the Chief Architect and Lead Systems Engineer to build out Systems Engineering artifacts in support of standards development for incorporation into ABMS and JADC2
• Generating and presenting material to support internal and external customer briefings
This position is contingent on DoD Secret Security Clearance and Special Access Program clearance.
• Principal Systems Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR Master of Science degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of relevant experience
• Sr Principal Systems Engineer: Bachelor of Science degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 9 years of relevant experience OR Master of Science degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of relevant experience
• Experience developing model-based systems engineering products and/or Mission Engineering
• Must have an active DoD Secret clearance (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation)
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance
• Active Top Secret clearance
• Active SAP
• Experience with Cameo Enterprise Architecture modeling for system design
• Experience in integrating complex system across multiple domains
• Experience demonstrating concepts to management and customers
Salary Range: $90,400 - $135,600
Salary Range 2: $112,000 - $168,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs