fied, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chandler, AZ.
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting multiple programs focused on the security of our nation and its allies? The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services team of highly skilled and diverse individuals responsible for the build out and support of a collateral secret enterprise infrastructure that supports multiple programs across every Northrop Grumman sector.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as a Windows and Linux System Administrator in a vSphere environment for a classified government contract.
• Support integration of DevOps software such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, GitLab, Ansible, Terraform and Grafana.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree
• Current DoD 8570 IAM level I (or higher) security certification (Examples: CND, Cloud+, Security+ CE)
• Candidates must have a current DOD Secret level security clearance (at a minimum), to include a closed investigation date completed with the last 6 years
• Ability to maintain an active clearance
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
• Experience with Windows and Linux server administration in a vSphere environment
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in IS related field
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
• Windows AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy
• Experience with RedHat 7/8
• VMWare ESXi experience 7/8
• Ansible automation experience
• Rudimentary scripting experience (Python & Bash)
• Entry level experience with DevOps tools
• Nessus and STIG vulnerability scanning and remediation
• Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (Solar Winds/Splunk)
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows or Linux)
• Experience with software development environments
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
• Active Top Secret security clearance.
Salary Range: $84,200 - $126,400
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.