are looking for a Principal Windows Systems Administrator to support our Engineering organization's goals to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the sector portfolio. This role will help foster the establishment and maintenance of a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization in Albuquerque, NM.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. You have the ability to collaborate within and across teams to accomplish goals. You are committed to ethics, integrity, and innovation while challenging traditional ways of doing business. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and you are comfortable engaging with the internal and external customers.
This position is contingent upon funding.
As a Windows Systems Administrator, you will:
- Perform as a Windows System Administrator for a classified network
- Manage and maintain secure, minimally interrupted operations of Windows servers and workstations
- Install, harden, and patch Windows operating systems
- presentations and recommendations
- Occasional travel to customer or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities
- Lead actions with peer systems administrators, network administrators, security teams, and software and hardware engineers
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work after hours and weekends as needed
This position is contingent upon funding.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience OR Master's degree and 4 year of experience; 10 years of experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree
- IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to be cleared to Special Access Programs
- Experience managing Windows Server OS in a domain architecture
- Experience with designing Windows domain architectures, including but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Policies, and permissions
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IS related field
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Management, Exchange, MS SQL, and WSUS
- Experience with Servers and storage hardware installation and maintenance
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Windows and Redhat systems per RMF and STIGs
- VMware and ESXi (https://6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
- Experience working Cisco switches and basic understanding of LAN and WAN networking with a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Windows 7/10 administration experience; Windows Server 2012/2016 experience; Group Policies (GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience
- Solid writing skills and use of Sharepoint sites for documentation
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Cisco)
Salary Range: $82,000 - $123,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.