At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Manager Engineering 2 to provide leadership to our Case Value Stream Quality Engineering Organization which also includes Tool Quality Engineering at the Clearfield Utah facility.
Position Summary / Responsibilities;
The CVS is focused on efficient production and delivery of insulated rocket motor cases for a variety of government and commercial customers. Mission Assurance is hiring for the Quality Engineering Manager for the Case Value Stream Organization (VSO). This position will be responsible for a diverse group of Quality Engineers supporting Rocket Motor Case processing at the Clearfield Freeport Center as well as the Tool Quality Engineering team responsible for Type 1 Tooling.
The QE Manager is responsible for supervision and development of 10+ Quality Engineers. You will lead efforts to develop, communicate and implement the S&MA vision, strategy, goals and metrics to help meet business and program objectives.
• You will develop, modify, apply and maintain quality systems and collaborate with design and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure quality standards are in place. This position will develop and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the design compliance of cases and the capability of production equipment. You will design and analyze inspection processes and manage the MRB system for trends of products or materials that are not conforming. You will audit quality systems to ensure that corrective actions are acceptable and effective.
• Responsibilities include ensuring QE resources are provided when and where needed to support the Case Value Stream. In unison with the other CVS leadership team members, this leadership position will apply their skills and experience to drive the production readiness process and ensure error free execution.
• You will also be responsible for developing, communicating and implementing the S&MA vision, strategy, goals and metrics that drive business objectives for cost, safety, quality, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement. You will utilize effective talent management strategies to attract, develop, retain and engage the right people for the organization. Responsibilities for this position also include interacting with various program and DCMA customers and working to resolve concerns and customer corrective action requests.
• Bachelors in Engineering, Chemistry or Physics, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible rocket motor design, manufacturing and/or quality experience with a MS, 9 years with a BS
• Coordinating resources and lessons learned with QE management peers across campuses
• Strong working knowledge of Quality policies, procedures and processes
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with customers
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in a teaming environment
• Demonstrated leadership abilities, including the ability to coach, develop and mentor
• Demonstrated budget management skills
• Working knowledge of the MRB processes
• Advanced engineering degree
• Five or more years in leadership in S&MA, manufacturing operations, engineering, project engineering and/or program management.
• Well versed in Mistake Proofing principles
• Strong background of Lean implementation with proven results
• Recruiting and talent development skills
• Ability to get things done through formal and informal channels.
• Certified in Lean and Six-Sigma quality methodologies.
Salary Range: $100,300 USD - $150,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...