Northrop Grumman Space System Sector is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager 3 to lead the Payload and Ground Supplier Quality team.
As a key leader of the Supplier Quality, the SQ manager collaborates closely with the division Mission Assurance, GSC leadership and Supplier Quality across Space Sector to provide strategic thought leadership and preventive solutions to ensure the quality of procured material and services. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success leading broad organization changes within cost and schedule while achieving internal customer expectations and focusing on organizational and team success. The position requires a solution-based orientation, unwavering ethics and values, and the demonstrated ability to be a trusted partner.
This role can be filled out of one of five Northrop Grumman locations:
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Engage in Program Capture and Kickoff activities to identify supplier quality risk in program sourcing plans, influence sourcing strategy to include capable suppliers and to identify risk mitigation strategies to minimize impact of poor supplier quality.
• Collaborate with Program Quality to ensure appropriate quality requirements for programs are identified and flowed down to suppliers via purchasing documents.
• Coordinate with Supplier Quality Field Quality Engineering team to ensure program risk mitigation strategies are executed in conjunction with key program schedule milestones.
• Collaborate with Manufacturing and Program organizations to identify and understand supplier quality issues identified in receiving inspection and on the factory floor. Collaborate with all stakeholders to drive suppliers to sustained Root Cause & Corrective Action.
• Work with program personnel to ensure adequate funding is identified for Supplier Quality risk mitigation and product validation activities; monitor Supplier Quality team activities to ensure consistency with spend plan.
• Frequently interface with division executives and customer representatives concerning supplier quality risks, mitigation plans, and issue resolution.
• Collaborate with Division Global Supply Chain teams to ensure critical supplier are identified and the appropriate quarterly quality performance feedback (Supplier Assessments (SAMS) or SAP Scorecards) is accurate and communicated.
• Sets the strategy to improve supplier performance and ensure supplier quality, regularly communicating program status.
• Use data-driven processes to measure supplier quality performance, mitigation of risk and to lead continuous improvement processes
• Collaborate with Division Mission Assurance teams to support Sentinel Alerts process - ensure alerts and process are clearly understood and ensure alerts closure in a timely manner.
• Promote the professional development of the Supplier Quality team and foster a collaborative culture that sustains the momentum around employee engagement and inclusion, affordability, innovation, value growth and continuous improvement.
• Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at a Division Level to identify and pursue systemic improvement opportunities.
• Provide clear assignments, help employees connect their efforts to the bigger picture, create an inclusive work environment characterized by mutual respect and the valuing of differences, and build a culture that motivates employees to their highest levels of performance.
Salary Range: $128,400 USD - $211,900 USD
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability