n. This leadership role is located in Roy, Utah or Huntstville, AL Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You Will Get To Do:
Drive Design engineering execution across the SDS Division portfolio of programs while reporting into the Strategic Deterrent Systems Division's Engineering and Manufacturing Operations organization.
- Participate in establishing and direct the implementation of integrated design engineering process across the SDS Division, driving consistency and implementation across program/product teams at all national locations and multiple subcontractor locations.
- Participate in establishing and direct the implementation of design engineering processes used in the design and development of the SDS Division, at all levels of decomposition.
- Manage all aspects of process development, training and development across mission/weapon system engineering, subsystem/component design engineering as well as nuclear surety and SDS program specific processes and enablers
- Ensure Design Engineering product quality and consistency and manage auditing and oversight functions, including metrics development and management.
- Interface closely with the product/program team leadership and implement systems engineering priorities for the team
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Horizontally integrate across Design Engineering directorate as well as members of the Engineering and Manufacturing Operations organization to ensure consistency of design engineering approach. This will help identify areas of opportunity to support upcoming challenges that are not currently being elevated.
- Provide independent review of portfolio software, hardware and deliverables, focused deep dives in program and product teams, as well as driving compliance to processes and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for and support of engagement activities across all programs.
- Identify and mentor high potential technical leaders.
- Provide advisement to all program leads (as required) and embedded resources.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM with at least 10 years of progressive engineering experience, or Master's and 8 years' of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience formally leading engineering teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal.
- Active DoD Secret clearance, investigation must have been completed within last 5 years
- ICBM or complex aerospace systems experience
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience
- Design Engineering/Computer-aided Design (CAD) experience
- Prior experience interfacing with prime contractor site leads and USAF leadership personnel
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
- Demonstrated effectiveness in achieving results through managing people and understanding and management of internal processes and customer/supplier relationships.
- Strong understanding and broad application of complex engineering systems (engineering standards, configuration management, material review board, process control, tooling, facilities, software, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated experience with high value customer presentations, with ability to focus on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience in working closely with customers to ensure delivery of systems that meet warfighter needs
- Ability to collaborate and achieve consensus when dealing with groups from diverse organizations and backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in making sound decisions in uncertain and difficult situations
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethic in ensuring engineering meets customer and program expectations in a timely and efficient manner
Salary Range: $145,800 - $218,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.