At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Software Engineering Manager 2 - Cyber and Software Operations - 10824. This position will be located in Vandenberg Space Force Base (VSFB), California or Santa Maria, CA and will support the Strategic Deterrent Systems Division.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Responsible for assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected and working with the respective team leads to address those needs.
• Responsible for supporting recruitment activities including the creation of requisitions, conducting interviews, and approving offers.
• Work with program leaders in establishing personal, program, and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates.
• Provide their subordinates with career development recommendations, mentoring, discipline, as necessary.
• Acquire the necessary computers, equipment and tools to enable their subordinates to perform their work.
• Generate training plans based on the program and their subordinates' needs.
• Provide their group with regular flow down of company and organizational status and appropriately represent and be a spokesperson for the organization to their group, assigned project, and the company.
• The candidate will have 80% technical responsibilities: leading teams that develop, modify and maintain systems using engineering best practices & standards This role may include Cost Account Management and Risk Management duties.
• Set and promote high standards for engineering development
• Foster a working environment which reinforces and drives accountability to fundamental Northrop Grumman Values focused on integrity, quality, shared success, and innovation.
• Partner with engineering and program management peers to assure a balanced and efficient assignment of resources to support and achieve key mission priorities
• Coach, support, train, and motivate team members to ensure a high level of performance
• Initiate and lead continuous improvement activities which establish high quality and efficient DevOps/Development processes
• Collaborate with peers and direct management in resource planning and hiring activities
• Work with various team members to lead automation and integration of functionality with other software environment.
• Automate scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. (https://i.e. Scheduling tasks and automating deployments of new/updated scripts)
• Work with Atlassian application suite and other pipeline tools as needed
This position is a dual-hat position requiring the candidate to perform functional management activities as well as the individual's current program responsibilities on program. It is expected that the Functional management role will comprise 10% to 20% of the candidate's time.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Salary Range: $147,800 - $221,800
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs