At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Launch Equipment Structural Test Lead Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and will support the Sentinel - Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package
What You**'**ll Get To Do:
This position will be responsible for leading integration and test efforts across the Launch Equipment Mechanical Systems subsystems.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Providing technical leadership to a team of approximately 5 engineers responsible for overseeing test planning and execution for mechanical subsystems that are part of the Command and Launch, Launch Equipment products.
• Coordinate integrated testing activities across all stakeholders from design, analysis and systems engineering.
• Oversee and direct both test house activities and supplier testing activities as the technical lead.
• Derive testing requirements into element test solutions that acknowledges technical schedule and cost constraints to meet program critical milestones.
• Serve as a technical lead and mentor to junior engineers on the Launch Equipment Integration and Test team.
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
• Perform technical analysis of complete systems and prepare comprehensive system level evaluation to include support of verification and validation of the mechanical subsystems.
• Supporting development of instrumentation requirements for proof load testing of mechanical subsystems.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You**'**ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 14 Years of experience with a Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• 3 years of experience with structural test including: Proof Load testing, static article testing, experience with installation and checkout, and integration of mechanical subsystems.
• 3 years of experience in a mechanical test position
• 3 years of experience in developing test plans, test procedures and test readiness review
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation
• Experience working in an AGILE environment using software such as JIRA and Confluence
• Relevant experience with NX Nastran (FEMAP), ANSYS or similar program
• Experience in test fixture design and instrumentation
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET-accredited university with 14 Years of experience; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Experience with project management including cost and schedule reporting
• Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO
• Prior experience in instrumentation of structures for static, fatigue and damage tolerance analyses
• Knowledge/experience with AF Test Directive 99-103
• Proficient in MS Office Products - Powerpoint, Word, Visio, Excel
• Experience with ICBMs (MM, PK, Small Missile) or DOD programs
Salary Range: $126,100 - $189,100
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs