At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer - Test Development and Execution. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel - Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You**'**ll Get To Do:
This position will be part of our Air Vehicle Equipment (AVE) Integration and Test (I&T) team to plan and execute vehicle level integration, test and checkout activities supporting the Sentinel, formerly Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), program.
What you'll get to do:
• Define test requirements and test objectives, using Systems Engineering principles
• Develop integration and test documentation (test plans, test procedures and test reports)
• Prepare for and execute Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs)
• Execute the integration, test, and assembly of the AVE in preparation for developmental flight testing.
• Integrate hardware from sub-system teams, interface with other elements teams, and the system and segment level teams.
• Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
• Interface with software developers and systems engineers in support of integration and test activities.
• Participate in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external).
• Perform data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build or hardware component.
• Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You**'**ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 5 Years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering; 3 Years with Masters Degree; 0 Years with PhD.
• US Citizenship with the ability to receive a Secret Clearance and with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification.
• Working knowledge of system integration (HW and SW) and test principles.
• Experience with data collection/instrumentation methods.
• Experience in troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software.
• Experience with development of test plans, procedures, and reports (functional testing and checkout).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years) with the ability to receive a Special Access Program (SAP) certification..
• Experience working with or designing Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) or Automated Test equipment (development and execution).
• Experience in design of test cables, test sets and support equipment.
• Experience with Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML.
• Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo.
• Experience with integration and test of large-scale vehicles.
• Familiarity with ICBMs.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
• Works well in a team environment.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Experience working with the Atlassian Suite of tools (Confluence, Jira).
Salary Range: $90,400 - $135,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. https://U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs