hrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Reliability Systems Engineer in support of the Sentinel program. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities, and associated infrastructure. This position is located in Roy, Utah.
What You'll Get To Do:
Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) engineer will be an essential part of the Design Integrated Product Team and provide technical RAM assessments and evaluations of equipment as part of the design development process. The candidate will provide leadership and training to junior RAM Engineers, as part of their career development. As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- Achieving required levels of product RAM is critical in the equation to obtain product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Analyzes equipment designs and provides Baseline Comparative Systems (BCS) assessments, MIL-HDBK-217, Electronic Predicted Reliability Data (EPRD) and Non-Electronic Predicted Reliability Data (NPRD) Predictions, as required.
- Develops Reliability Block Diagrams to assess Basic and Mission Reliability requirements.
- Develops Maintenance Task Analyses (MTAs) to determine component repair times, crew size, support equipment, skill levels and maintenance tasks required to restore a component to an operational condition.
- Provides RAM assessments to the design trade study process. Develops Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECAs) to identity single point failures, safety critical failure modes, fault isolation and detection percentages and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) scheduled maintenance assessments.
- Identifies Reliability Critical Items (RCIs) and Functionally Significant Items (FSIs) to track and sure RAM performance.
- Ability to develop, coordinate and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Complies and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer, and governmental agency reliability objectives.
- May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
- May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
- Implements, supports, and maintains a Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) closed loop data reporting system for the purpose of systematically recording, analyzing, and resolving both equipment reliability and maintainability problems and failures.
- Tracks all failures of functional equipment parts from date of failure to date of closure in compliance with Customer's closed loop FRACAS requirements.
- Collects diagnostic data and maintenance repair data on repair/fix actions to improve RAM performance.
- Ensures a failure reporting information system through which an historical trend database can be managed.
- Determines the feasibility of corrective action that, once implemented and verified, minimizes the reoccurrence of the failure mode.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of failure reporting data, the analysis and the root cause corrective action implemented.
- Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes. Ensures that failure mode root cause and corrective action (RCCA) measures meet acceptable R&M standards.
- Develops and presents RAM assessments and lessons learned to the Integrated Product Teams (IPT), as required.
- As necessary, proposes changes in design, to improve system and ensure corrective action effectiveness.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 9 years' experience; 7 years' experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years' experience with a PhD
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and Special Program Access
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project).
- Some travel is required to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
- Experience with Risk Management Tools.
- Experience using DOORs https://9.6 or similar.
- Experience implementing Model Based Systems Engineering plans or methodology.
- Current Active Security Clearance.
- 5+ years using or implementing model-based approaches with CAMEO or related products.
- Systems engineering experience within the Development life cycle phase of a military product.
- Systems Engineer leadership/other discipline collaboration experience.
- Experience with propulsion systems.
- Proposal and BOE Development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation, and critical thinking skills.
Salary Range: $112,000 - $168,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.