rving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman, Strategic Space Systems Division is seeking a Sr. Principal Network Engineer to become a member of the Infrastructure Department, working as part of an integrated and globally disperse team. The position requires a flexible work schedule driven by system and operational requirements and is located at a field site in Harrogate, United Kingdom.
This role requires a two (2) year commitment and the ability to successfully pass a physical and psychological exam. Ability to work odd and/or extended hours covering a 24/7 period and periodic rotating 12-hour shifts.
A comprehensive overseas compensation package is offered with this position including relocation assistance.
Seeking a Sr. Principal Engineer (Networks) to support to a large, classified program. This multi-faceted position will assist with the implementation and maintenance of a multitude of systems, and possess technical expertise in many areas of network hardware and interconnection interfaces such are routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways etc. Provide support to specific areas such as design, implementation, integration, testing and documentation.
Sr. Principal Network Engineer regular duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Able to support multiple networks.
- Monitor multiple network performance
- Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, and direct others as necessary.
- Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop an approach to solutions
- Design, implement and maintain complex systems and networks.
- Utilize agile processes and tools that include Jira, and Confluence, to coordinate departmental tasking
- Interface with government customers and factory specialists in technical exchanges and question answering forums
- Ability to work independently while being conscious of how your work interacts with that of others
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely; analytical problem-solving skills; adept at root-cause analysis and mitigation.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with other team members and users to produce least impact solutions.
- Must possess drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Provides technical guidance to internal and external personnel on highly complex network system installation processes.
Basic Qualifications for a Level 4:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 9 years of technical experience; OR Master's Degree plus 7 years of technical experience; OR 13 years of technical experience in lieu of Degree.
- Proven leadership experience on a project and/or team.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance, SCI Access and complete a Counterintelligence Polygraph examination prior to start date.
- Experience performing troubleshooting with traffic capture tools.
- Experience working in virtualized environments (VMware).
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Experience providing remote support.
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills and experience with a good attitude and courteous demeanor, and strong verbal and written communications skills.
- CCNA or CCNP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Active/current DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
- Proficiency with networking devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Proficiency with various network topographies (data center, LAN, and WAN).
- Proficiency with TCP/IP connectivity utilizing UTP and fiber optic media.
- Virtual chassis and clustering.
- Proficiency with network security principles, threats, and vulnerabilities.
- A currently active DoD Top Secret clearance, SCI Access and adjudicated counterintelligence polygraph examination.
Salary Range: $109,900 - $164,900
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://https://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.