At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Our work influences the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices. The Modeling and Simulation discipline draws from the skills and experience of many other (e.g. Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) and frequently collaborates across diverse and functional disciplines, offering a unique opportunity to obtain a broad understanding of many areas or to more narrowly focus on developing a deep expertise in any of the contributing fields. Be a part of an innovative and distinguished team producing cutting edge concepts leveraging technologies developed across the enterprise.
In this role, you will work in collaborative environments to integrate existing and/or develop new system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms, environmental and threat models, and command and control models to support Operator-In-The-Loop (OITL) mission simulations. You will simulate real-time operations and develop software that simulates physics-based behavior of systems. You may develop and/or prototype advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools to demonstrate concepts to enhance situational awareness and systems command and control. You will model operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures. This position will be at Northrop Grumman's Systems Engineering (SE) Palmdale, CA.
• Complete installations of software, perform smoke tests, and use the software as intended to analyze its functional properties.
• Participate in Operator-In-The-Loop (OITL) Simulation events through operating software or as standby support during events.
• Develop software and analytical tools to model behavior of systems in real-time and constructive simulations.
• Develop, integrate, and use advanced graphical user interfaces and visualization tools.
• Model operational environments, performs trade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternative architectures.
• Participate in demonstrating new software features and functionality to leadership.
• Create and apply knowledge of Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) to support blue/red kill chains across multiple security environments, programs, architectures, and platforms.
• Provide blue/red tactics and CONOPS modeling, simulation, and analysis in mission-level models to help accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and related research and development projects.
• Solicit input from various stakeholders, synthesize data, and communicate results to various levels of leadership.
-Modeling and Simulation of Radars, Missiles, Integrated Air Defense Systems (IADS), Air and/or Space platforms
-Knowledge of debugging codes and software developmental languages
-Electronic Attack (EA), Electronic Protection (EP), Electronic Countermeasures
-Red and/or Blue CONOPs and TTPs
• The ability to develop (C# and JAVA) and integrate prototype and pre-production software to support simulation events.
• The ability to develop physics-based models and simulations using Object Oriented programming.
• Systems and software integration experience related to Service Oriented Architectures.
• An ability to work with a team in a rapid prototyping environment.
• Experience with system of systems modeling tools: AFSIM, Suppressor, or Brawler.
• Operational military background or experience
• Experience with version control tools (Tortoise SVN, Bitbucket, GitHub, Gitlab, etc.).
• Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to include project/analysis lead experience.
• A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Top Secret security clearance with current or previous Special Program Access (SAP)/SCI.
Salary Range: $125,800 USD - $188,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...