At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The SV Mechanical & Deployments Thread Lead is a single point of contact for a set of requirements to ensure the Space Vehicle implementation meets customer intent. The SV Mechanical & Deployments Thread Lead will own leadership and definition of the NGP deployment reviews, the Payload Adapter ICDs, and work with the SV Thread team to develop and maintain all R&V aspects through sell-off. They will develop expertise and maintain historical knowledge for each requirement and own all of the development aspects related to these documents across the system engineering "V" from requirements definition to sell off. The SV External Interfaces Thread Lead is the "go-to" domain expert for their products, and they also must be well versed in the Systems Engineering (SE) processes.
• Responsible for horizontal integration of the system design across the architecture and their involvement across program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) extends to lower level requirement allocation, design, verification, and validation activities (i.e., segment, element, subsystem, unit, etc.) to vertically integrate and ensure system-level thread requirements are met
• Responsible to develop or provide input to all SE products that interact with their products including requirement development, requirement allocation descriptions, verification plans, and verification evidence; May approve specifications and verification products one level below the system (typically segment level), and provide technical oversight on those products below that level
• Demonstrated experience in mechanical engineering and deployments
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 7+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 4+ years of engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment
• Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• Ability to obtain TS/SCI
• Excellent communication skills (upward and downward)
• Experienced and/or degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Experienced with Thread engineering and Space Vehicle engineering and interface requirements definition
• Active SCI clearance
• End-to-end Systems Engineering experience
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
Salary Range: $129,700 USD - $194,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...