oin its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area.
This is a 2nd shift schedule position, requiring the selected candidate to work from 2:00 https://p.m. EST to 11:00 https://p.m. EST., on-site with time split between our Linthicum, MD and Annapolis Junction, MD campuses. Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform as a Windows Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively within the organization, occasionally with other organizations and external customers, in written and verbal format.
- Assist with the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks and ensure necessary system administrator assignments are completed.
- Assist with implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Assist with backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; and manage virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Assist with testing new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Assist with the development and documentation of technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Research recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and system components.
- Support meetings/discussions with vendors and assist with evaluation of vendor products/services, making valuable suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Assist with preparing security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under direct supervision of tasks and duties.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Note: Due to the classified nature of the work being performed, this position does not offer any virtual or telecommute working options. Applicants are encouraged to apply, only if they are willing to work on-site.
- Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent and 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
- Current IAT Level II certification (ie. Security+CE) or greater.
- Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture.
- Experience supporting multiple networks, ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, and direct others as necessary.
- DoD 8570/8140 certification in primary OS (Windows).
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- VMWare experience with current versions.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Windows/Splunk).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
Salary Range: $112,300 - $176,500
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.