At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The specialty test team is seeking a Staff Flight Test Strategic Planner will focus on all test activities spanning first flight and beyond for an advanced prototype aircraft that is one of the nation's most important test programs.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
• Participate in a flight test program as a senior engineer
• Responsible for planning the test progression of the flight test program
• Coordinate with engineers as to the types of tests to be completed
• Determine what tests can be performed in what order, considering interdependencies and prerequisites
• Interface with System Program Office, Combined Test Force, and internal leadership regarding test planning and scheduling
• Participate in trade studies related to planning of test events
• Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required
Successful candidates should possess the following:
• Strong background in Flight Sciences, Avionics, and Mission Systems
• Exceptional written, verbal, and graphic presentation communication skills
• Enthusiastic willingness to do hands-on strategic planning and analyses to quickly produce reports and presentations across a range of topics simultaneously
• Ability to work self-directed to decompose, prioritize, and achieve leadership intent
• A Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM Degree)
• A minimum of 14 years of applicable experience with a BS or 12 years with a MS
• Experience in the aerospace or defense industry
• Active DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a Special Program Access clearance
• Experience with program management
• Experience with or knowledge of systems engineering processes and procedures
• Experience on cross functional teams comprised of engineering, program management, and test personnel
• In depth knowledge of or test experience, to include control room monitoring
Salary Range: $141,800 USD - $212,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...