At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Mission Systems Integration Lab Lead and deputy in our diverse and talented team. The selected candidate(s) will lead integration of a comprehensive set of sensor simulators, operational scenarios and representative surrogate hardware in our Mission Systems SIL. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
In this role, you will lead the coordination and integration for a simulation driven environment to demonstrate Mission Systems Suite effectiveness in an interactive real-time setting. The environment will include a wide variety of subsystems, some captured via simulation in AFSIM, internally developed performance models, or digital twin simulations for applicable subsystems. Other elements of the environment will integrate the actual mission software running on representative hardware.
The successful candidate will collaborate with subsystem responsible engineers, mission management hardware engineers, system test engineers, modeling, and simulation engineers.
The Candidate will contribute to high-visibility activities and have opportunities to periodically demonstrate integrated capabilities to sector leadership and high value customers.
• Develop and Execute integration roadmap for the Mission Systems Suite.
• Conduct system level integration that incorporate use of digital twin and high fidelity subsystem simulators, and mission software.
• Perform troubleshooting and resolution of HW/SW configuration issues
• Conduct system level integration that incorporate cockpit representative hardware/software and other applicable Air Vehicle simulators.
• Direct customer and supplier interaction to include regular presentations and detailed analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline and 14 years experience
• Experience with virtual simulation environments, AFSIM, ARSIM, STK, etc
• Active in-scope DoD Secret clearance or higher is required, and able to obtain and maintain special program access
• Familiarity with lab based testing and integration of software into representative hardware
• Strong technical writing and communication skills. Flexibility to evolving program environments.
• Experience in Software Development lifecycle.
• Experience integrating and debugging software on hardware
• Proven ability to brief technical presentations to stakeholders.
• Familiarity in Agile and Digital Engineering processes
• Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite
• Active in-scope Top Secret clearance with current or previous Program Access (PAR)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Salary Range: $134,700 USD - $202,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...