At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Staff Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our System Integration Test and Evaluation (SIT&E) organization. This role is located in Melbourne, Florida.
In this role you will be working in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
• Technical expert in multiple areas of network, computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing technologies such as routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, accelerators, etc.
• Ensure Networks and hardware assets are configured and ready to test by deploying software and configuring hardware
• Design, configure, build and troubleshoot advanced network systems
• Design, Develop and maintain the Program Development and Test Networks both Classified and Unclassified
• Manage the Network infrastructure to include Security, Health and Performance monitoring and remediation
• Implement and maintain the Risk Management Framework and the NIST Guidelines per corporate guidelines
• Utilize available tools to determine performance baselines, identify deviations from the baseline, and make recommendations to improve performance
• Develop documentation of the network and its configuration
• Perform as the senior escalation point on the team
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Design & build Cisco Switch networks; re-program Cisco Switches to meet network changes and growth
• Mentor and train junior/mid-level team members on troubleshooting, maintenance, and administration
• Collaborate with other engineers to architect a system to meet design requirements and the needs of all stakeholders
• Developing and releasing engineering documentation for a detailed system/network architecture and requirements
• Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
• Support Senior Engineers to advise Management and Customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet program needs, including present and future capacity requirements
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree AND 14 years of related professional/military experience in Engineering that includes a background in network, computer, and/or software/hardware engineering, OR a Master's degree AND 12 years of related professional/military experience in Engineering that includes a background in network, computer, and/or software/hardware engineering, OR a Ph.D. AND 9 years of related professional/military experience in Engineering that includes a background in network, computer, and/or software/hardware engineering.
• Must have an active DoD Interim Secret clearance (or higher) with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Special Access Programs (SAP) clearance.
• A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
• Bachelor or Masters degree in a STEM discipline
• Security+ or CISSP Certification
• Cisco, Juniper or Brocade Certifications
• VMWare Certification or Experience
• Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guidance documents (STIGs)
• System administrator experience in Windows or Linux environment(s)
• Experience with the following technologies or protocols: VPN, Linux, DNS, SolarWinds, Cyber Security, Intrusion Detection, Windows Server Configuration, Mail Server administration and Dynamic Routing Protocols
• Understanding of configuration management systems
• Experience with integrating networks in a manned aircraft system
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Salary Range: $122,500 USD - $183,700 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042 (https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/) we require all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their start date. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) in advance of your start date.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
On-ramping/Off-ramping parental leave
Child care subsidies
Backup child care
Onsite child care
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
Short term disability
Northrop Grumman solves the toughest problems in space, aeronautics, defense and cyberspace to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers worldwide. Our 90,000 employees are Defining Possible every day using science, technology and engineering to create and deliver advanced systems, products and services. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, ...