echnical professionals in Linthicum, MD. Please note that due to the classified nature of this role, the selected candidate will be required to work on-site, full-time, at our Linthicum, MD campus, and this is not a remote work opportunity**.** Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Perform as a Windows Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and verbal format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Support multiple networks while ensuring necessary administration tasks are completed and directing others as necessary.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services, manage file systems and disk space, and manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under direction and help to determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Associate's degree and 4 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience; a High School diploma or equivalent with 6 years of additional education/experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- IAT Level II certification (ex: Security+CE) or greater required on Day 1; maintaining the required certification will be a condition of continued employment.
- Active DoD Secret clearance required on Day 1; maintaining the required security clearance will be a condition of continued employment.
- The selected candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a Special Access Program (SAP/SAR) clearance as a condition of continued employment.
- Windows Operating Systems support experience.
- Windows Workstation and Server management experience.
- Experience with the following: WSUS, Group Policy Objects, WDS, MDT, and Symantec.
- Ability to follow directions and ask questions.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Experience with the following: Splunk, SCCM, GIT, JIRA, IBM Clearcase, and IBM Doors.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within RMF, STIG, or JSIG information system environments.
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Linux systems administration experience.
- Red Hat certification for current version.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds).
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
Salary Range: $73,600 - $110,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . https://U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.