Backend Engineer (Hybrid Cloud Manageability)
Santa Clara County, CA
Nutanix is disrupting the multi-billion dollar virtualization market by pioneering the first hybrid cloud platform that can incrementally scale out to manage petabytes of data, while running tens of thousands of virtual machines. This brings about new distributed system challenges. If you are up to the challenge and would like to be a part of a team that makes history, then this job might be for you.
- Design and develop reliable, efficient, high performance, scaled out back end software for large scale enterprise and public cloud.
- Design and develop features for the Nutanix manageability platform that interacts with several micro services.
- Work on highly available services hosted on internet, respond to service outages in real time.
- Work on deploying, hosting and managing the services on public cloud like AWS, GCP, etc.
- Design and Implement robust APIs, with integration to different components.
- Create effective unit and integration tests.
- Implement and enhance automation framework that interacts with several micro services.
- Design high level test approaches and implementing detailed test plans.
- Ability to lead a team of engineers on complex engineering projects.
- Ability to write scripts and tools for development and debugging.
- Love of programming.
- Solid backend coding experience required.
- Python, Golang experience are a PLUS.
- Familiarity with building micro services on public cloud like AWS or GCP.
- Experience with security protocols around APIs a PLUS.
- Experience with web servers and REST APIs a PLUS.
- Experience/understanding of scaled out, highly available distributed systems.
Experience in working in linux environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science.
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.