Backend Staff Engineer
Santa Clara County, CA
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire a Staff Software Engineer for Nutanix Hybrid cloud (Xi) and Public Cloud products. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering support teams to accurately define customer requirements.
- Architect, design and develop cloud based services for providing distributed, scalable, secure and easy to use infrastructure.
- Lead improvements in existing services for seamless user adoption in the cloud.
- Develop expertise in multiple areas of the acropolis backend and serve as a technical leader in the organization.
- Contribute in defining the long term vision and actively influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Deep experience with application and services development in a cloud environment, API design, API backend frameworks and distributed systems design.
- Solid understanding of operating systems and hypervisor concepts.
- Love of programming - excellent at Python and/or C++ for enterprise quality software development.
- Solid understanding of debugging techniques in a distributed environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of overall development or research experience.
4+ years of experience with leading software development or research team.
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.