Business Development Manager EMEA - Era
Government of Amsterdam, Netherlands
As a Sales Specialist at Nutanix, you will be a technical solution sales leader within our Era business unit working with our enterprise sales organization to drive business with our most important customers. You will work within a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to help educate your customers at a technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, and to achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix Era sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned region. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep technical expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
- Be the key technical leader and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix Era, serving as a product specialist, trusted advisor, and account manager for end customers and field sales teams.
- Present, demonstrate and help execute proof of concepts for Nutanix Era and drive customer engagements from early conversations to decision making evaluations.
- Design and implement Nutanix Era solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects and Nutanix Consulting Services.
- Own the sales revenue targets for Nutanix Era in your assigned region and work alongside field sales teams to grow the Nutanix Era business.
- Drive sales and adoption through sales-led activities such as targeted account planning, account management and replicating product success at scale
- Lead TCO and ROI conversations with customers and field teams as opportunities progress from through the sales cycle
Influence Nutanix Era strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
You will be a thought leader in the DBA and Database space. You lead by participating in internal Nutanix technical communities and in the broader industry events and publishing blogs, whitepapers, and reference architectures in your area of expertise.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Appliance and Software pre-sales and technical sales
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Experience growing products from early adopter customers to the late majority is a plus
- Must be a strong communicator and presenter with excellent writing skills with a penchant for organization, constant follow-up and attention to detail.
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google clouds, as well as with MS SWL, PostgresSQL, Oracle, SAP and/or other virtualized database solutions.
- Sales experience with Database solutions
- Job requires about 40-50% of travel
A successful hybrid seller will have the following qualifications:
- Solution architect - The expertise and ability to convert customer requirements into innovative technical solutions in the database administration space.
- Technical depth & breadth Technical depth in database administration solution designs and migrations, and breadth in datacenter infrastructure technologies
- Collaborative - Able to work cohesively with members of the Nutanix sales, product, engineering, services, and marketing organizations and Nutanix partners is required.
- Excellent Communicator - Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills is required.
- Executive Presence - Validated experience engaging with senior level executives is preferred.
- Performer - Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations is required.
As this role has an EMEA wide responsibility, this position can be based in any of our current EMEA countries: Baltics, Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi-Arabia, Serbia, South-Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, United Kingdom,