Reporting to the Japan Channel Sales Director, you're accountable for delivering the commercial success of our partnerships with Fujitsu/NEC/Hitachi/NTT Data across Japan. In this role you’ll develop and execute go-to-market strategy and business plans to exceed sales performance targets. You’ll do so in close collaboration with in- and external regional teams across the theater.
As a Channel Sales Manager, you are responsible for selling Nutanix Products and Solutions through the assigned partner and interacting directly with Japan sales teams. You will be working closely with the Japan High-Touch sales and SE leaders.
Essential to success in this role is the ability to build strategic partnership with existing and new Nutanix channel sales partners and to maximize growth of Nutanix products and solution selling through such partnership. This will be achieved shoulder to shoulder with the native Nutanix team in Japan and corporate providing unrivaled support and tools from the Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development departments for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals. In this position you would be working very closely with the stake-holders in Japan, VPs and Directors and have a large amount of influence on sales team decisions and initiatives across the region.
- Develop and execute joint go-to-market strategy leveraging partner eco-system
- Drive revenue and bookings growth through the partner
- Operational Activities – Track/ Manage DR, CR, Review Forecast with Nutanix channel partners & Nutanix Teams, track Pipeline build weekly, Quarterly QBR with Territory Teams & at an Executive Level
- Biz Dev Activities – Build & Execute Plans by Territories with Channel Partners & Nutanix team on Customer Engagement (Named Accounts), Identifying Key Deals to Win & ensure teams are aligned, Focused Partners to engage in building coverage, Leverage channel partners sales force to reach out to the customers beyond reach of Nutanix native sales force
- Enablement Activities - Channel Partner sales force in collaboration with Nutanix sales teams
- Conflict Management & Collaborate – DR Issues, Pricing Decisions, Work in the best interests of the relationship between channel partners & Nutanix, Collaborate with Nutanix reps on maximizing sales Pipeline
- Executive Coverage – Periodical Meetings with executives from key channel partners to update & identify the areas to grow the relationship
- Help partners to respond to strategic RFP's and follow up with prospects
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects together with the partner and the Nutanix sales team
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information for the business through the partner
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your partner and relevant key channels
- Provide product feedback back to engineering to improve Nutanix solutions for the partner
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in international business development, or sales/marketing in the enterprise software business
- Track record in partner relationship development and management
- Strategic and tactical thinker with a passion for execution and delivering results
- Existing executive relationships and knowledge of strategic partners’ technology stack and organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development of both Nutanix and the alliance partner
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and Nutanix data management storage solutions
- Experience using SFDC and other CRM software
- Thorough understanding of sales engineering techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and close deals
- Ability to maintain relationships with sales, technical and marketing resources at all levels of the partner and field organization (Sales Engineers and Sales reps)
- English ability which is able to communicate internally with APAC team
About Your Team
Meet Hiring Manager, Kentaro Hamakawa! Channel Sales Director, Nutanix Japan:
- Joined in June 2014 to lead the area commercial and partner business growth
- Previous professional role highlights: +15 years' experience in multiple leadership roles in Brocade and domestic SIer.
- Biggest personal win: Wife and Father of 3 kids in Kyoto. My Hobbies are IT gadgets and riding horses on weekends.
- Who they are hoping to find in this search: I am looking for positive and self-starter. Our company is still a disruptor in the IT industry. Let’s change the IT market for Japan.
How We Work
We are a fully hybrid team. We provide you with the flexibility to work from home or work in the office in order to maximize your productivity. Our Tokyo office is clean and modernized. There is occasional travel for team events but for the most part we stay connected through weekly meetings and daily slack chats.