About the Company
Nutanix is one of the global leading software Cloud solutions subscription companies with over 6000 employees worldwide, with nearly 2000 employees in APAC and India (across 10 countries and India being our largest site outside of US), with continued growth. We are expanding globally particularly in the Asia Pacific region, hence looking to hire an Employee Relations Senior Manager, to support the region.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Relations Group in San Jose, California, the Employee Relations Senior Manager will primarily support APJ and India, with other opportunities for global ER support. This role will be part of a high functioning Global Employee Relations Team and Asia Regional Leadership team, and be expected to work closely with global and regional HR, Legal and external business stakeholders.
Acting as a professional ER advisor, the Employee Relations Senior Manager will provide real time guidance and support to the APAC & India regional stakeholders with change and culture management through optimizing employee performance, support corporate and regional policies and implement process improvements and programs that will enable the Company to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining our talent in a healthy, highly diverse and inclusive environment, with employees feeling positive, recognized and rewarded for their peak performance.
- The Employee Relations Senior Manager will partner closely with the Business, HR leaders and Employment Counsel in the Asia Pacific and India region, managing the full scope of employee relations matters, including, but not limited to performance development, workplace investigations, accommodations, and compliance matters. The objective of this role is to increase a positive employee experience including managing and objectively handling employee related grievance cases, partnering with Employment Counsel. Through data analytics, identify workplace themes, develop and deploy ER strategies that positively impact Nutanix’s culture and work environment in the region.
- The Employee Relations Senior Manager should also serve as a strategic thought partner, providing advice and counsel to maximize performance while mitigating risk ensuring legal compliance.
- Serve as the primary liaison for all regional ER matters, including independently handling employee grievance cases in the region, interviewing employees with high levels of discretion, trust and confidentiality, stakeholder management, communicating and influencing outcomes that may not be necessarily, be favorable to their audiences at times, drafting employee related documents following any disciplinary outcomes. Building strong partnerships to effectively collaborate with regional Employment Counsel, HR Partners, and business leaders, demonstrating a high level of urgency and objectivity, effectively conduct employee relations support and remedial work. Sharing external benchmarking data and intelligence that could impact on Nutanix employee safety and the workplace.
- Create and deploy transformational ER programs where needed, by providing direction, communication, leadership and effective solutions to drive behavioral change needed to support a growth mindset. Build consensus, using data, metrics and influencing skills across over 10 countries, varied and diverse workforce in different business and support groups, across all levels of seniority at Nutanix.
- Provide training (remedial and proactive) where needed based on data and inputs from the Business and HR. Provide the business and HR Employee Relations team support with standardized templates, processes, programs in order to increase overall efficiency, for the team. Provide support in other regions, where needed.
- Being the key resource for our Internal ER tracking tool (SNOW ER) and ensuring cases are accurately and timely entered to the tool and closed out upon case completion. Serve as the local administrator and point of contact for data input, data integrity, enablement and reporting.
- Must be responsive to support this role during Asia’s core business hours. Must also be available to assist in supporting ER work in other regions during peak volume, which may outside of Asia’s core business hours.
- Ability and willing to travel locally and internationally should business need arise.
- At least 15 years of successful track record in employee relations. Employment Law or related experience in APAC and India.
- Experience working in ER or Employment Law in a global company highly desired
- Strong knowledge of Employment Law, corporate polices and employee practices across the Asia Pacific region, including China, ASEAN, ANZ, Korea, Japan and India. Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate laws and policies to People Business Partners, Managers and employees.
- Proven track record of leadership and ability to influence a broad range of workforce including the highest levels of management.
- Demonstrated understanding of HR Business Partner/People Partner Operational processes/practices including organizational design, talent strategy, people movement, restructuring, performance management, implementing high risk exit strategies, change management, executive coaching and relationship building.
- High emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills, the ability to read the room quickly and adapt influencing skills, consulting and high conflict resolution skills, the ability to present to senior executives in the region, including HQ VP and SVP executives.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with others, across multiple countries, diverse cultures and language capabilities.
- Ability to work odd hours at times, requiring attendance in global meetings, which will be kept at a minimum.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work on complex and sensitive employee/corporate matters in the “gray”.
- Must have a high level of discretion, sound judgment, be responsive and proactive and be able to build trust and relationships quickly.
About Your Team
Meet Hiring Manager, Kat Liu, Director of Employee Relations
- Joined Nutanix in June of 2020.
- Previous professional role highlights : Over 25 years of strategic HR Business Partner and Employee Relations experience. Started the ER function and built from the ground up at 2 other companies.
- Who they’re hoping to find in this search? Motivated individual with a high degree of customer service acumen who can independently manage employee matters and workplace concerns expeditiously and successfully. Someone who is hungry for a challenge, wants to be part of a highly successful ER team and take our ER best practices to the next level in APJ and India.
- Life Group or other relevant professional memberships?
How We Work
We are a fully hybrid team. We provide you with the flexibility to work from home or work in the office in order to maximize your productivity. Our office is clean and modernized. Our team has a global footprint in the Americas, EMEA and APAC with high visibility