Member Technical Staff (Sr MTS) - Flow Engineering
Santa Clara County, CA
The Software Engineering Team: Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. Were using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, youll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding software developers to join our Software Defined Security product called Nutanix Flow. You will be part of a small yet impactful team with ample opportunity to grow and expand your skill set. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
About Nutanix Flow:
Nutanix Flow is a Software Defined Network Security (micro-segmentation) product that provides a simplified way to create and manage application centric policies.
Flow enables security administrators to govern their applications and environments independent of the physical infrastructure. Flow delivers advanced networking and security services that allow enterprises to gain visibility and granular control of their enterprise applications.
- Develop a world class network security product that is distributed, resilient and highly-performant at a large scale deployments within enterprise customers.
- Contribute to all phases of the product development through conception, design, implementation and deployment along with performance engineering.
- Develop robust design, and write code & unit tests to produce high quality, reusable and extensible software through API driven approach.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including other developers, testers, Product Management and Support to meet customer requirements while driving engineering innovation.
- Participate in refining product requirements, review designs and codes of other engineers, review test plans, performance and scalability plans.
- Take ownership of the product features and work independently with minimal supervision to design & deliver a module level functionality.
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech or equivalent in Computer Science from a reputed educational institute
- 6-10 years software development experience
- Advanced level programming in Python or Golang
- Strong fundamentals of Operating Systems, Multi-threaded/Multi-Process Applications,inter process communication, RPC
- Strong fundamentals in Object Oriented Programming, Algorithms, Data Structures and Problem Solving
- Fluency with Unit Testing Frameworks in Python/Golang
- Knowledge of TCP-IP Suite of protocols (Ethernet, VLAN, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DNS)
- Hands on experience working with web technologies - HTTP/HTTPS, RESTful API, JSON, Protobuf,
- Professional experience developing software for networking or security products
- A strong understanding of Linux operating system and utilities
- Plus: Experience developing user level applications in Linux/Unix environment.
- Plus: Experience working with networking products - SDN, NFV, Firewalls, Load Balancers,
- Plus: Skills in debugging complex distributed applications
- Plus: Exposure to network/application security - Network segmentation, Distributed FireWall, ACL, VPN, SSL/TLS,
- Plus: Exposure to Linux Networking stack, iptables, conntrack, OVS, OpenFlow
- Plus: Understanding of virtualization concepts - compute/storage/network virtualization
Were an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.